Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crafting Update

I've been working on a post all night but I'm not quite done and I'm getting pretty sleepy.  I'll finish it up tomorrow, but until then, I thought I would post some things I worked on today.  

I wanted to show you the finished bow frames in their new home in Rosie's room.  Since we are working on potty training, we no longer need her changing pad, so she had an empty dresser top.  I thought the bow frames, along with some of her favorite books would be the perfect thing for the space.  She loves the change.  



When we went to Hobby Lobby last week, I picked up this cork board for next to nothing.  I knew I wanted some fun pushpins, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  I decided to raid my craft closet and see what I could come up with.  I ended up finding some pearls and thought that they would go great with the vintagey feel of the board.  With a few stick pins and some glue, my dream was realized.


Want to make your own?  They are so easy.  All you need is pearls, stickpins and glue.  Add a dot of glue to the top of the pin and into the hole on the the pearl.  Let set about two minutes before sliding the pearl onto the end of the stickpin.  Let them set for a day or two for the glue to cure completely.  Like I said, EASY!




No comments: