Sunday, May 13, 2012

Momma's Day

I don't think there's a better way to wake up on Mother's Day than to the song, Dear Mama by Tupac, and that's what my wonderful husband serenaded me with this morning.  I'm so lucky:)  

Today was a lovely day.  Mark and Brandon made us the most amazing brunch.  It was really good.   Then we came home and I took the longest nap ever...we all did.  It was rainy out all day, so it was definitely napping weather.   After naps we went for a long drive and ended up at Barnes and Noble.  The girls love that place.  Then, although we were still stuffed from brunch, we headed to Papas and Beer because, well, I'm not quite sure.  Like I said, we were stuffed.  We shared our favorite, avocado tacos, and then headed home to call it a night.  I put the girls to bed and Mark ran out and got us a movie to watch.  We rented "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and I must say, it's pretty heavy.  We are in the middle of it now, so I should probably go and pay more attention.  

I almost forgot to tell you some pretty exciting news!  Guess what Mark and the girls surprised me with...a vitamix!!!  I'm so excited.  Well, actually I received a picture of a vitamix.  It hasn't arrived yet, but should be here this week.  So, I'm pretty much the happiest girl around!  I'm excited to start sharing my Vitamix adventures with you soon. 

Before I leave you this evening, I just want to say how thankful I am to have such wonderful women in my life, especially my mom.  She's one of a kind and is the most giving and loving lady I know.  I love her more than words.  





No comments: