Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Feeling Fruity

Clapping is pretty big right now at our house.  Keek's won't stop clapping--won't give it a rest for anything.  It's so cute, but now she's started clapping while I'm breast feeding her.  It's like she's applauding my hard work.  I have to admit, it's nice to be recognized for being good at making milk, but it also makes the already long process, even longer.  Hopefully, she'll learn a new trick soon!

Mark came home again for lunch today.  I threw together some haystacks.  We were both craving a smoothie and I did some internet searching before he got home so that we could try something new.  I found one that sounded so yummy, although we changed it up a bit.  It ended up being great.  You should give it a try.

Haystacks!  Call me lazy, but it was a paper plate kind of day. 

 Ready to be blended. 
Mark called it the Christmas Smoothie because it had flecks of green and red.  It was very refreshing! 

Sunrise Smoothie


1 cup almond milk
2-3 cups fresh spinach
1 cup strawberries
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 banana
a few raspberries 
1 cup ice


Blend until smooth

Mark and I are always trying to figure out what our favorite fruits are.  I know that sounds weird, but we just have never been able to decide.  It's really tough because any fruit at it's prime is pretty darn amazing.  I love mangoes, raspberries, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, apples...I love them all!  Today though, I think I've finally come to a decision.  My favorite fruit is....drum roll please.....PINEAPPLE!  I just love it.  It's so juicy and when you get a good one, it's hard to beat and in my opinion, you can't.  So there you have it.  I love pineapple.  What's your favorite fruit?

Tonight we made my favorite meal...potato packets on the grill.  Man they are good.  I didn't have all of the veggies I normally have, but we made due.  Tonight our concoction consisted of: Potatoes (surprise, surprise), onions, celery, black beans, corn, garlic, olive oil, adobo seasoning and seasoning salt.  We garnished with sour cream and fresh salsa I made at lunch.  They were just as I remembered them.  By the way, I make homemade salsa almost every day now.  It's a must in our house lately.  We eat it on everything.  We borrowed the recipe from Mark's dad and it is super easy and super yum.  Usually it's a chunky salsa, but we left it in the vitamix a litttle long so it was a different texture...still good though.

Homemade Salsa
 Potatoes and veggies getting ready to go in the foil packet. 

Tonight I was telling Mark how well Rosie is comprehending and remembering things that I read to her.  Today, when I was reading her one of the books we got at the library she started to pretty much read it to me.  She remembered whole phrases, word for word.  Anyway, I was sharing with Mark about it and he said, "Rosie, are you smart?"  She answered right back, "Yes Daddy, I'm smart and I'm kind."  I think that's a pretty great combo.  The girls were very sweet today!  I'm one blessed momma!



Tonight we ran to Target to get a few things...diapers, etc.  While I was there I decided to get something I've been interested in for quite some time now.


It's one of those curling wands.  I've heard good things and I'm anxious to give it a try.  Do any of you have one?  Would love to hear your feedback, tricks, etc.  By the way, I used my Target giftcard that I got free from Ebates!  I also received my first check back from them today, so it actually works!  You really do get money back from buying online, no strings attached!  I also have another check coming from referring someone. (Thanks, Hanne:) Yay!

No comments: