Friday, May 18, 2012

Take Me Out to the...

Good News!  I was able to finish my book in the nick of time.  I'm sure you were all beside yourselves with intrigue.  Book club was great.  The book spurred a lot of conversation and I didn't end up getting home until after ten--that's pretty late for an old biddy like myself.  If you are curious, the book we were reading was, "Beneath the Marble Sky" by John Shors.  It was a little slow to start, but after I got into it, it was very good and I would recommend it.  I enjoy historical fiction and the story of the building of the Taj Mahal was so intriguing.  The love stories were wonderful.  I now have a dream of visiting the Taj Mahal one day.

Our next book is The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman.  It's a true story about the owners of the Warsaw Zoo during the holocaust.  They smuggled Jews in their zoo, saving many from the Nazis.  I'm excited to get started reading it.  I'm going to try my bestest to not wait until the last day to read this one:)

So, guess what arrived in the mail today?  My vitamix!  That thing is incredible.  We just got done devouring eating our first treat made in it.  We made Banana/Strawberry/Mango/Peach/Pineapple Smoothies and they were amazing.  I can't get over how quickly it does it's thing.  The smoothies were so...smooth.  That's a pretty novel idea coming from what we had before.  When I made smoothies (more appropriately named crunchies) in our old blender I would often find whole pieces of ice in them.  The cook books that came with it have me so excited.  I can't believe I can cook soups in there.  I'm a complete Vitamix believer!

This afternoon Maria and I were able to sneak away and get much needed pedicures.  It was so nice getting out of the house for a bit.  I have to admit, this week has been a trying one.  The girls have been so sweet, but I just haven't felt like I've had a minute to breathe.  I've also felt like all I ever do is clean, yet if you looked at my house you would think I never cleaned a day in my life.  Do you ever feel like that?!  Anyway, long story short, I really appreciated the quiet time.

I hope everyone is having a lovely start to your weekend!  On Sunday, we are taking the girls to their first baseball game!  Ever heard of the Asheville Tourists?  Me either, but we will be there to cheer them on!  It should be a fun family outing.  The tickets were DIRT CHEAP, so we won't feel too bad if the girls go nuts and we have to leave at half time...wait, that's not right.  Oh, well.  Good night!

       

No comments: