Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Poop Story

I guess that Rosie likes to prove me wrong and in this case, I don't mind.  Today, we've conquered poopoo!  She's gone five times in the potty today.  I didn't even know that you could go that many times in one day, but she's shown me the results every time and they are legit.  She couldn't be prouder.  She keeps asking, "Mom, are you soooo proud?!"  Let me tell you, we all are!  I never saw this day coming, so spirits are high around the Murrill house.

I really don't have too much going on, so I will share a pretty boring story with you.  Today we went on a wild goose chase of sorts.  Last night, a friend of mine---Hi, Tracy if you are reading this---posted some shoes on Facebook that I just loved.  I asked her where she got them and after she told me, I went online to see if we had the store in our area. We did, but it was a bit of a drive.   I used my phone navigation and we made it there, but it took a lot longer than I thought.  I had plans to meet Maria and Jackie at the park for lunch at noon and I hoped to make it back in time, but that didn't happen.  My navigation led me to an apartment complex WAY out of my way.  I, of course, didn't realize it until it was too late.  I had to make a huge backtrack and then, in a rush, I decided to take a little shortcut to the park, but when I was almost there, I was met by a sign that said the road was closed due to high water!   UGH!!!  I had to turn around and go all the way back the other way.  So, long story short (as short as I can make stories), I was over an hour late.  Luckily, they were all still there and we had a great time.  Jackie made her famous Rice Crispy Treats, so really the whole thing was beyond worth it.  Also, Blythe kept calling them "Ice Crystal Treats," so that made it all even more magical.

My new kicks...I think they were worth it.   

After my adventurous morning, we came back and all took naps.  In fact, I took the mother of all naps.  I had the hardest time waking up.  I felt like I had been hit by a truck.  It took Rosie coming in to ask me to come look at her poopoo that roused me from my slumber.

So, last night was my second guitar lesson.  Luckily, I have been coupled with with a young teenage boy who is just as clueless as I am.  He shows up 30 minutes late to every class and has an adorable little lisp.  We make a fine pair.  I was quickly reminded of why I gave up guitar after one lesson in college.  My fingers started killing me just a few minutes in.  The little guy has been complaining about his fingers, too, so I think this is a common ailment among novice guitar players.  Our teacher said that the tips will soon get calloused and I live for that day.  The girls love to hear me practice and usually start dancing as soon as I start, even though you can't technically call what I'm playing music.  I can't wait until I can actually play songs for them.

Tonight, I went to Zumba and it was HARD.  Our teacher is really taking it up a notch.  Did I tell you I tried Aqua Zumba last week?  The jury is still out on if I'll stick with it.  I'll definitely give it another try before I make a final decision.  I got a great workout from it, but I hate to be gone another night during the week.

I'm feeling a little better tonight, so that's good news.  That Emergen-C is some good stuff.  I swear by it.  Well, I'm going to head to bed.  Hope your week has been great so far.  I can't believe it's almost Thursday!


1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a nice surprise with a shout-out! And icing on the cake it's the one with poop in the title, lol!! :) I'm sorry to say I very much empathize with your wrong-route-taking-a-short-cut-making-you-later sernario, no fun! The shoes are COMPLETELY worth it I must say though, I'm in love with mine!! We need to do a Leopard Tuesday and wear them on the same day, lol. <3