Monday, September 10, 2012

Fair--Take Two

Well, our weekend fair plans were thwarted by weather, but don't loose heart, we're trying again tomorrow night.  I couldn't be more excited for the people watching that's about to go down.  There's something about fairs that bring out some doozies.  I can't wait.  I also can't wait to sample some fun fair food.  If you've ever attended a fair with me (Natalie), you know how seriously I take my fair food. I doubt that tomorrow will be any different.

Rosie has been going through the best phase ever.  Usually when I talk about Rosie's "phases", I can't wait for them to pass, but this one I hope will never leave.  Every day, about ten times a day, she stops what's she doing, runs over to me, kisses me and says, "I love you, mama."  It's the sweetest thing.  She does it to Mark, too, and he can't get enough.  She's just the most loving little thing.  Today, on our way home from Pilates, we stopped by the hospital to see Mark.  This is our little ritual.  Today, when we drove away after seeing him, she said, "We have the best daddy in the whole wide world."  It just melted my heart.  He really is the best daddy, and I am so glad that she knows it.

Kiki has four teeth coming in, so she's been a bit...testy.  Very hard to live with.  She was up a lot last night and today has been full of tears.  I can't say it's been all bad.  She's laughed and made me laugh a lot, too.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better, though.

Rosie has been doing awesome with her potty training.  We went all yesterday and today with zero accidents!  She's loving the princess panties my mom got her.  She's also really liking the freedom of pull-ups.  In fact, she just walked up to me, pulled up her dress, pulled down her pull-up and mooned me, shaking her booty and laughing all the way.  We might need to have a talk about that one.

So, you already know how I feel about fall.  LOVE it!  What's even better is that the weather is starting to feel fallish.  I actually got to wear a jacket this weekend and tonight Mark and I split our first Caramel Apple Cider from Starbucks.  It's definitely the most wonderful time of the year!  I was able to track down some real pumpkins today and I also got another hay bale, so it's about to get really fall up in here.  I'll try to take some pictures of my porch tomorrow, if I get it all finished up.

Tomorrow is my first guitar lesson.  My hands started shaking just typing that.  Prayers appreciated!  Have a great night.







No comments: