Friday, September 7, 2012

Worry Wart

I'm a worrier.  I always have been and I know I come by it honestly.  In fact, I come from a long line of worriers.  My mom and my grandma before her--all worriers.  In some ways, my worry has helped me. I've become pretty frugal, even though I think my natural inclination is to spend like there's no tomorrow.  For the most part, though, my worry has been a hinderance, almost debilitating.

Last night, I lay awake in bed worrying about, well, everything.  Worried about my beautiful kids who are perfectly healthy, sleeping like angels in their beds.  Why worry?  Worried that we had forgotten to pay a bill. We hadn't.  Why worry?  Worried about situations that I can't change.  Why worry?  I finally had nothing left in my life to worry about, so I actually started worrying about the conjoined twins, Abby and Brittany, on that new TLC show.  I haven't even seen the show, only commercials, but I couldn't help but wonder how hard dating must be on them.

Finally, at 2:30 in the morning, I got fed up and was so sick of worrying I just couldn't take it anymore.   So, I decided I'm done worrying.  I'm done with feeding into Satan's ploy of making me doubt the Lord's leading in my life.  God's plans are so much better than mine and I know he's got the whole world in His hands.  It's not going to be an easy transition.  I mean, it's been a way of life for me for as long as I can remember!  But, hey, I've got to start somewhere, so I'm making the choice to not worry about that.  Prayers appreciated!  

  

No comments: