Monday, September 24, 2012

A Poop Story...Chapter 2

I really can't believe that Rosie is potty-trained.  You guys weren't kidding when you told me that it would just have to click with her.  She seems completely comfortable with the whole process and doesn't need my assistance at all now.  This is a good thing and a bad thing.  I no longer know when she goes and I will sometimes overlook the fact that she's left "presents" for me.  It's not a big deal at all when she's gone in the toilet, but when she's gone in the potty chair, it's a different story altogether.

This morning, as I was reading Rosie a book, Kiki came walking up and handed me something.  At first I couldn't figure out what it was and then it hit me...poop!  I noticed that she had another little ball in her other hand, and luckily, I was able to wrangle it away from her before it ended up where most things end up...in her mouth!  My plan for the day wasn't to handle another person's poop, but the jobs of a mom are many.

In other news, all of us Murrill ladies have come down with the plague...some of us worse than others.  I hate being sick and to have the girls under the weather, too, makes it even worse.  I'm praying it's a quick one and we'll be good as new before you know it.  I must be sick because I turned down a date with friends to Papas and Beer for lunch.  If that doesn't say something, I don't know what does.

I have my mind on another project...the wall up my staircase.  It's really boring and I have wanted to put something on it, but at the same time, it's large and daunting and it completely overwhelms me.  I saw a couple of pictures on Pinterest that inspired me, though.  One of my favorites is this pic...

Source: Pinterest  

I don't want to spend a lot of money on this project, so I thought I would give myself a little challenge.  I am only allotting a $20 budget to do it.  This, of course, means I will have to get stuff on the cheap.  (We are getting family portraits done in October, but I won't factor that into the cost.)  I'm excited to get started and show you how it goes.

As I mentioned earlier, I've felt pretty crummy today.  I wanted to make something easy for dinner, so I tried a crockpot recipe I found on a blog for a potato soup.  It turned out really well and definitely hit the spot with the fall temps we are having.


I took a few pics of the girls playing today.  They really enjoy each other and that makes me so happy.  They laugh, and scream and chase each other around the house.  They also like to get into stuff they shouldn't.  I don't mind too much, though...just making memories;) 

 This is their favorite place to play.  
 Getting into stuff.  
This candle is Kiki's newest victim.  She's eaten a lot of it.    
My little princess, playing with her little princesses.  
 She sure is a sweetie pie.  
More playing 





No comments: