Thursday, September 27, 2012

Harmony

So, I learned my first song tonight at guitar lesson.  You probably wouldn't recognize it as a song if I attempted to play it for you, but I think with a little more practice you might be able to figure out.  I'm getting excited!!!  I got my fire fueled when I was at Women of Faith and saw Amy Grant perform.  She's something on that guitar.  It's easy to get frustrated with how hard it is, but I've got to remember that it's one day at a time, and even Amy had to start somewhere.  

Today, we went to the park with some cute little ladies.  These three little people were all born within days of each other.  Zoe was born on August 1st, Kiki on August 3rd and Maddie on August 5th.  How neat is that!  They also have very similar taste in fashion, as you can tell by their coordinating outfits today.  I promise that we didn't plan it, but pictures had to document the cuteness.       





My Dad had surgery on his hand today.  He's a dentist, so his hands are a very integral part of who he is.  I was so relieved when my mom texted me to tell me that he came out of surgery with no complications.  I was even more relieved when I got a chance to talk to him on the phone as my mom was driving him home from the hospital.  He seemed in great spirits and he said there wasn't any pain.  He will be taking it easy at work for a few days, but he should be back to normal in a week.  Whew!  That guy means the world to me, so I'm just so happy it all went well.  Keep his recovery in your prayers, if you don't mind.  

Well, I'm pretty exhausted from a long day.  I've been suffering from bouts of insomnia lately, but I have a feeling that's not going to be a problem tonight.  I had a great conversation with a friend earlier and all things seem right with the world.

Here are a couple things that made my day...   

These girlies make it all worth it.
The black and white cookie helps, too.  Every time I eat one, I think of Seinfeld. 
"I love the black and white. Two races of flavor living side by side in harmony." 






1 comment:

tashacolleen said...

Just miss our days and weekends together. Love watching your girls grow on here. Miss you tons!