Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dye It!

Yesterday was our neighborhood's annual garage sale and we weren't able to participate because it was on Saturday.  BOO!!!  We have so much we want to sell and haven't been able to find a way to do that.  I've put some things on Craigslist, but I decided to try and put a few things up on our neighborhood Facebook page.  I spent the morning taking pictures and posting the items.  One thing has already sold and I have a few people interested in other things.  Fingers crossed.  It sure would be nice to simplify our lives with less stuff.

I also went to Walmart and Sam's for groceries and that always seems like a big accomplishment.  I'm pretty excited because I've been looking for some cream shirts for the girls to wear with the little pink bubble skirts I had gotten them for church (the ones they wore yesterday).  I was so surprised to find these adorable shirts at Walmart for less than $5!  I have a thing for lace.


When I was at Sam's, I couldn't control myself and I bought this...

I can't wait to dip the Honeycrisp apples I got into it!  Have I mentioned I love Fall?

I need to admit to you another thing I'm not very good at...laundry.  I've been known to ruin things.  A few weeks ago Mark got a new shirt at Banana and I just loved it on him.  It was the softest fabric.  He really liked it, too.  Well, you can probably see where this is going, but after it's first wash and dry, I pulled it out to find a weird ink-like stain on the front.  I never figured out what it was from, but I felt horrible.  I could tell that Mark was pretty bummed and I have tried everything known to man to get that stain out, to no avail.  So, I've come up with a pretty harebrained idea.  I'm going to dye the shirt.  Today, I bought some navy blue dye and I'm going to try to disguise the stain.  I don't really care what color it comes out, as long as the stained is covered.  I figure it's already ruined, so why not?  I've never worked with dyes before, so I'm very nervous, but I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.  That's on my list for tomorrow. 

This is the shirt.  Sorry it looks so wrinkly.  I let it air-dry after I worked on the stain. 

I did a few crafts today, but I think I'll try and get some pictures of them tomorrow.   It's my bedtime:)  Have a good night! 

No comments: