Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Egg Hunter

When Monroe woke up this morning and came into bed with us, we surprised her with her Easter basket.  She thought it was the greatest thing ever!  I love that at this age, the dollar bin at Target pretty much wows the pants off of her.  A great start to a great day:)


Later, when reading the resurrection story to Rosie, (To be honest, she lost all interest after a few verses in.  We'll give her a few more months to develop better concentration) I couldn't help but get sad.  Thinking of our Savior on the cross, dying for MY sins is almost unbearable.  But then we listened to another one of our favorite songs, "Don't Cry" by Kirk Franklin.  I was reminded that there is no need to be sad; no need to cry because Christ has risen!  "Why do you look for the living among the dead?" the angels said to the women at the tomb.  It's a joyous day!  The grave had no hold on Him!  It's really so exciting.  What a wonderful day to celebrate!

And celebrate we did.  We had an amazing time at the Murrill's for the Annual Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt.  The food was so yummy and the company was perfect.

I'm including quite a few pictures, because, well, I just took so many.  I really hope that blogger doesn't crash because of all these pics.

 Rosie and Auntie Nicole dying eggs. 
 Uncle Mark and Mason...Doesn't Mason's hair look so brilliant!  
 The Brown Boys
Emily and Mike
 The Cafferky's and glowing Danielle
 The adorable egg that Monroe and Auntie made together.  
 My little Easter Bunny...these bunny ears make the rounds, as evidenced by the following pictures. 
 The always perfect, always adorable, William! 
 The Easter Spread...I'm telling you, the food was INCREDIBLE!  
 Our Pro Easter Egg Hunter
 She left no area unsearched.
 Mason's Loot
 Monroe' Loot
 Basking in her hard work 
 My favorite picture of the day.  The cute little cousins.
 Some of the kiddos...
 Watch out Ezra, Monroe knows exactly how many eggs she collected.
 Melissa and the boys
 The little gardener...Ella
 Easter Bunny #2, the lovely Nicole.
 Easter Bunny #3, Little E
 Besties
I think this might be one of our first pics together since college!  Unheard of.  I love this lady:) Oh, and Easter Bunny #4.
 The Girls
The Girls #2
Easter Bunny #5- Maxy Max 

I feel pretty bad, because I totally underestimated my girl today.  I was really getting worried, because I just knew she wouldn't be able to collect any eggs.  I figured she wouldn't understand or wouldn't be interested in it at all.  Well, boy, was I wrong!  She was the most intense and competitive Easter Egg Hunter out there.  She knew exactly what to do and found even the trickiest of hidden spots.  I don't know if it was her love for candy or what, but we can put egg hunting on her list of skills.  Good Job, Rosie! 

I have been meaning to mention how sweet my friends are lately!  I have been really bummed and unexcited about my wardrobe.  What a surprise when Melissa, Nicole and Jen all offered some of their maternity clothes to the cause!  It's been a blast having my maternity options totally explode!  Thanks ladies, your thoughtfulness really means a lot!  

Normally, I would post my menu, but I haven't even started to think of it, and my grocery store is closed for Easter.  I'm going to work on it this evening and Monroe and I will hit the shopping tomorrow.  I work Tuesday and Friday of this week.  Kind of a different schedule than I'm used to, but it should be nice.  I'm really lucky to have the job that I do.  I don't thank God enough for such a wonderful job and a great boss.  She's super flexible and I never feel bad changing my schedule for spur of the moment things.  It really is a blessing.  I need to remember this on the days that I tell Mark, that I never want to step foot in the hospital again:)

I have some great news!  Stephen and Michelle are coming to visit in May!  They haven't been to see us in Chicago and I am super excited for them to come and check it out.  I can't wait!!! Please pray for my parents as they left today for Puerto Vallarta.  I'm a little sad that we aren't going with this year, but I know they will have a blast.  They deserve a relaxing vacation!

No comments: