Saturday, April 30, 2011

Potato Head

I hate missing church.  I think maybe I've mentioned it before, but it always leaves me with an empty feeling. With that being said, I didn't go to church today.  I really had a rough night.  I woke up around 3am and I just didn't feel good.  I was super dehydrated and I just felt weird.  I have to confess, sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night, I start to have strange panic attacks about different pregnancy things.  Last night, I convinced myself that I had gestational diabetes.  All of the sweet foods I had eaten the last few days kept swirling in my head until I knew, without a doubt, that I had it and I could not go back to sleep.  I envisioned a twelve pound baby and a 100 pound weight gain for myself.  Finally, after I was finally able to talk myself down from this craziness, I fell back asleep, but it was much later and when I attempted to wake up, it was just too much for me to handle this morning.

I did end up waking up, but it didn't leave me with enough time to get Monroe and myself ready to make it to Sabbath School, so Monroe won and I got her fancied up.  Mark, being the wonderful man that he is, took Rosie to Church.

It actually was kind of nice being home today.  I was able to read and study and it was really what I was needing.  I have been meaning to ask if any of you use the Sabbath School Quarterly app on your phone.  It's amazing.  I love it.  It makes studying so much easier.  With one click, I'm able to read all of the verses and it also allows you to take notes, and such.  If you haven't gotten it, and are wanting an easy and convenient Bible Study, that's the way to go.

I also made lunch for us.  I decided to stick to my meal plan (for once) and made cottage cheese patties, baked potatoes, a big salad and broccoli.  It was super yummy and really hit the spot.   Monroe ate like a champ, once again.  She polished off a big bowl of broccoli, two patties, a few bites of my baked potato and some string cheese.  I'm telling you, that really makes me happy:)

This afternoon, we went to Ty-Warner Park and we laid on a blanket while Monroe ran around and played.  It was amazing we didn't blow away!  It was so windy, but I'm not complaining because the sun was out for a good portion.  When the clouds started rolling in, we headed over to a forest preserve to see the other Murrill's and the Wightman's.  We only stayed a bit before heading home for a much needed nap for all of us.

So that brings us to know, I am lying here in bed, next to my sweet man, and I have to say, I feel much better.  I don't think I have gestational diabetes anymore, well at least I hope, but I have decided to REALLY cut back on my sweet intake.  No more sweet drinks!  Well, let's not get overzealous!  Maybe like one a week.  I am also going to really increase my water intake.  I'm so thankful for the start of nice weather, so that I can start getting outdoors again.  I really think that will help my outlook.

Here are some photo highlights from today:

Monroe all prettied up for Sabbath School.  I think this outfit is so cute.  My mom got it for her when she was here last.
Ready and eager for Sabbath School!  Since I didn't go, I can't be certain, but I would guess that headband lasted about two minutes into the car ride.  Oh, well.  It was cute for the picture!
 Costume change!  
 I asked her to get some shoes, and this is what she returned with. 
 This picture just kind of made me laugh.  
 I looked over and she was doing this weird thing with her foot.  I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what she was doing, until...
 ...she succeeded and I saw this!  But if you think that's gross, check this out...
 Yep, daddy joined in the fun.  Crazies, I tell you...a house of crazies! 
 Daddy love!  This just warms my heart.  They really love each other.
 Another example of her daddy love!
Mommy's pretty high on the list, too!
This I just need to show you all.  This is a potato that I got in a bag of potatoes from the store.  It's kind of hard to tell, but it's ginormous.  I put it next to a large mango to try and give it some context and scale.  The crazy thing is, there was a bag I almost bought that had a potato at least double the size of this one. I mean it was almost the size of a human head!  I so wish I had my camera with me at the grocery store, because I know no one will ever believe me, but I am not kidding.  I even thought about taking Mark back to the grocery store to show him.  

So anyway, no big plans for tonight.  Monroe is still sleeping and I am starting to wonder if she'll wake back up.  It's pushing 7pm and I'm beginning to doubt she will.  Have a great Saturday night!  Love you all! 

No comments: