Monday, December 19, 2011

Grown Up Christmas List

Mark surprised us and came home for lunch.  Plus he brought lunch with him which was extra wonderful.  I just love it when he's around.  From the time Mark and I got married we have always worked at the same place.  I got so spoiled to be able to pop in and see him any time I wanted.  We almost always did lunch together.  It's been hard to get used to not seeing him throughout the day.  I really miss him.  I know it must sound pretty ridiculous, but it's what I've known for seven years!  I sure love being at home with the girls though!  

Zumba was extra hard tonight.  I think because we missed one day last week.  It was good for me, though.  The holidays have been kind of hard on my eating habits.  Meaning, I eat just about anything put in front of me.  It's times like these that I'm glad I don't work anymore, though.  All of the treats people would bring were so hard to resist.

This year Mark and I aren't getting each other Christmas gifts since we got the van.  I couldn't have asked for a better gift.  What's funny though, is this is the first year when I really have things that I would love to have.  Usually, I have to wrack my brain to come up with gift ideas, but not this year!  This just gives me something to save my money for.  The two top things I am saving for are:

1)  Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System

I have heard amazing things about what it can do for your skin.  A friend of mine said it lightened her age spots, made her skin smoother and made her pores smaller.  I think that sounds pretty great.

2)  A Keurig
Jackie has a Keurig and I used it the night of the Christmas party.  I can't get over how fast and easy it is and I love that it makes hot chocolate and teas, as well as coffee.  Yes, this isn't a great need, but it would be fun to have.

Kiki did really well on her napping today.  We put her to bed at 6:15, instead of 8ish like we had been doing.  This is all part of the master plan I read about last night on that website.  Hopefully this will help with her waking up. We will see how it goes.  She has become my little roly poly!  If you put her on her back she's on her tummy before you can say, "boo"!  She cracks me up.  She just loves to roll and will roll across the room if you let her.  It's very cute to watch.

I was chatting with my sis-in-law, Michelle tonight and she asked me to sing with her this Friday night for a special service at their church.  I haven't done any singing up front since Monroe's dedication!  I love singing with her and Stephen so, although I'm kind of nervous, I'm also very excited.  Should be fun.

I think I forgot to mention that we are having Kiki dedicated on Sabbath at my brother's church.  I know it's not OUR church, but I really wanted Stephen to do the dedication, since he did Rosie's.  It just makes it more special.  I can't wait.

Anyway, I better run.  I need to take a shower.  Love to you all!

No comments: