Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Craft Night, Etc.

Yesterday was a pretty full day.  In the morning, we headed with Elizabeth and the kiddos to the gingerbread exhibit at the Grove Park Inn.  Grove Park Inn is an absolutely beautiful and huge old inn in Asheville.  They do a yearly national gingerbread house competition and then display the winners.  We had a great time! 

Elizabeth and Maryanne  
Lauren, Rosie and a huge gingerbread man!
 I was, of course, drawn to the Gingerbread Tepee, being Cherokee and all!  
I loved this little birdhouse!  So cute!
The staff of the Inn do a little Christmas show for visitors every day during the month of December.   
 This lady did some hula hooping during the show.  It was strange...
 But it sure kept the girls' attention!
The kiddos

After naps, Mark came home and we decided to meet Maria and the kids for dinner at the worst Italian restaurant ever.  I mean ever.  I pretty much love all food, but this place was bad.  The alfredo sauce was like tasteless gravy.  Oh, well.  At least the company was good!

We've been talking about doing a craft night for quite awhile and last night we made it happen.  Maria and I headed over to Jackie's to embark on what hopefully becomes a tradition.

Maria had pinned the cutest Christmas Card Holder on Pinterest and we thought it would be a fun and easy first project.  It turned out to be just that.  

I brought Kiki along with me, just in case she needed to nurse and boy am I glad I did for Mark's sake.  She ate about half the time I was there.  She also refused to sleep, which put her in bed at midnight.  

Here are a few pictures from the evening.  We had a blast and I can't wait until next time! 

 The girls 
 Some of our supplies 
 Keeks, kicking it with the girls!  She didn't seem to mind the late hour at all!  
Getting closer to being done!  

I would love to show you the finished product, but I'm not quite done.  I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I have it displayed. 

This morning I got together with Maria to attempt our own Zumba class at her house.  We have the "Favorite Things" party tonight and will have to miss Zumba.  The thought of missing it killed us, so we figured we were good enough to do it on our own...WE WERE WRONG.  Oh, to be a fly on the wall.  It was hilarious.  At least we got a good workout with all of the belly laughing going on:)!

I was going to show you what I got for the "Favorite Things" party, but then it hit me that it is a secret thing.  I will show you what I come home with though.  Should be fun!

Well, I better run.  I need to start thinking about getting ready.  Hope all is well.  I got a text from Mom Murrill about Grandma and although she is still in the ICU, she is stable.  Keep sending up prayers for her!  Thanks!   

1 comment:

nicole said...

Thinking of you all and Grandma Murrill. Hope she continues to get better and better. Missing you so much as the holidays approach. Love love.