Thursday, December 15, 2011

Favorite Things and Goose Eggs

What a great time the "Favorite Things" party was!  I loved meeting new people, eating yummy food, and laughing a lot!  I was a little nervous, scratch that...A LOT nervous about leaving Kiki with Mark for so long because she has been so crazy hungry lately.  I've really been freaking out that my milk production is low and that's why she just doesn't seem settled.  However, she was perfect for Mark.  She slept pretty much the whole time.  I had to wake her up to feed her when I got home!

 The lovely food table
 Some of the girls
Girl time 

I ended up taking these measuring cups and the cutest little tea towel that I loved.  I have been drooling over some measuring cups similar to them from Anthropologie and when I found the ones at Pier 1, I had to get them.  Kirsten, a friend that is getting married soon, ended up with them, so it was a perfect fit.  The gift I came home with was a gift card to the movies.  I guess that means Mark and I will be going on a hot date sometime soon.  

Our hostesses for the evening, Jackie and Clarissa, let everyone know that they are starting a book club and wanted everyone to be apart.  I love reading new books and am very excited about it, although I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to find time to read them!  The first book they are reading is called, "What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty.  I just ordered the book a few minutes ago.  I'll be sure to let you know what I think.  Feel free to read along with us!

Here is a pic of Jackie's finished craft project.  Don't you love it?!  I'll have to get a picture of Maria's soon.


I haven't bought my ribbon yet, but I used some red ribbon I had on hand until I can pick some up.  For now I have it hung vertically on my front door, but I don't think I'll keep it there because it doesn't offer a lot of room for cards.   


Monroe had a horrible fall on the hardwood floor today.  She landed on her head and it was devastating to the both of us.  I ended up crying it was so bad.  My least favorite part of being a mommy is when one of my babies get hurt.  It kills me inside.  She has a goose egg on her head bigger than anything I've ever seen.  It is so swollen and black and blue.

It's kind of hard to see just how big the goose egg was, but you can get the gist!  Poor little thing.  Luckily, she has bangs that cover up the huge bruise.  

I'm pretty tired this evening, so I'm going to run.  Hope you all have a lovely evening.

No comments: