Monday, December 5, 2011

Homecoming

Grandpa Murrill passed away this morning.  It's raining and gloomy out and it really fits the mood of the day.  The memorial is next Saturday, so we will leave on Friday and come back on Sunday.  It's going to be a whirlwind of a trip, but Mark really can't miss anymore work and there is no way we are missing the memorial.

This picture is from Christmas 2008.  We were so glad that Mark's grandparents came down to see us.  

The only good thing about today is that Mark and Monroe are on their way home and we cannot wait to see, hold, hug, kiss them.  I am so looking forward to Mark's comforting hugs and Monroe's rather loud cackle.  I love them both so much and it truly has felt like a part of me has been missing.

I've been making sure the house is ready, which isn't too hard when it's just me and an immobile infant.  I just finished with dinner.  I didn't end up making Kelsey's chili the other night since Mark left, so I made it tonight, along with the Tippin's cornbread.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Zumba is tonight and I am really thinking it will be good for my spirits.  I always feel better after exercising.  I really do feel like I'm starting to notice some results.  Not anything too obvious, but I have seen some tightening and toning of my body.  I'll take anything I can get!

I think that Monroe's table has found a new home.  We always bring it down when we have company with kids so they have a place to eat.  I've decided that I like it downstairs.  Monroe loves sitting at it during the day to read, or color or snack.  Right now the table is pretty full with the girls' Christmas trees.  I let Rosie decorate both of them this year.  She choose some pretty big ornaments, but that's okay:)  


Well, I hear the little lady waking up.  She's had an incredible nap, so that's been nice.  Love to you all.  Please continue to keep the whole Murrill family in your thoughts and prayers.  I know this is going to be a rough Christmas.

1 comment:

tashacolleen said...

I'm so sorry I just read about this. I didn't realize that Grandpa Murrill has passed. I am praying for all of you, as I know this is a very rough time.

Love to you guys,
Tash