Sunday, December 4, 2011

Quiet Time

I can't get over how quiet a house can get!  As I sit here, I hear absolutely nothing, and I have to admit, it's pretty nice.  Especially after a pretty rough night.  I don't know what happened, but I ended up feeling sick and throwing up for a portion of the night and morning.  I absolutely HATE throwing up and this bout proved no different.

Kiki hasn't been feeling her best, either.  She has a little cold.  Yesterday, she was incredibly needy and it felt like I was feeding her ALL DAY LONG.  She is in good spirits today though, and has slept a lot better.

My thoughts are constantly with my family in Kansas City.  The news hasn't been good and at this point, it's just a waiting game.  My heart is breaking.  Grandpa Murrill is such a Godly man.  He has a way of making you feel so loved and comfortable, but also makes you strive to be the very best you can be.  He is so passionate about helping people and telling them about God.  He really is an inspiration and a hole will be left in so many hearts with this news.  Every time that Mark calls, I almost don't want to answer for fear of what he might say...ugh.  Please continue to pray for peace for our family.

I thought it would be best to continue on like normal so that I didn't get too sad or lonely.  Yesterday, we went to Sabbath School and then to the Nudd's for lunch.  The Wrights stopped by and we all ended up making a night of it and I didn't end up going home until after midnight.  That's when the yuckiness started.

Today, I haven't done much at all.  I just haven't felt like it.  So, Kiki and I have taken it VERY easy.  We are both missing Mark and Rosie so much.  Life isn't the same without them.  I did receive our Christmas cards in the mail yesterday.  I had really gotten nervous because I kept trying to look at my finished product after ordering them and it kept giving me an error message.  I was so scared that I spelled Murrill wrong or that the pictures would look horrible.  Now, they aren't amazing, but they turned out better than I had imagined them being.   I started addressing them today.  I also ordered some address labels from a little shop on etsy, Posh Girl Boutique this morning.  I'm excited because the lady is putting them in the mail tomorrow!  Hopefully, I will have them all done by the end of the week.  I still haven't decided if I am going to write a letter yet.  It seems like a lot of work.

I almost forgot to tell you that Candler Truck Stop #221 was right on the way to Kansas City.  Mark stopped in on his trip down and was able to take back the awesome Camouflage LED Light Hat and the Preparation H and got me $22!  So, it's settled, my white elephant gift was actually pretty great!

Well, I better go.  Keek's just woke up.  Love to you all!

No comments: