Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fake Baked

Today was kind of a blah day.  I got a lot accomplished, but it was really rainy out and just kind of dreary.  I had to drag myself to Zumba, but I'm sure glad I did.  Our instructor was on fire tonight.  It was a very small class tonight.  In fact, it was just two other ladies besides Maria, Jackie and I.  The exercise really upped my mood and then our teacher gave us a little Christmas gift...


Yes, it's a Zumba bracelet to wear when doing the class.  Those little bells are pretty great.  Can't wait to jingle next class:)  We were all laughing about how we really don't need anything to distract us.  We have a hard enough time.

Then, on the way to our cars, Jackie surprised us with such an amazing gift...


Fake Bake!  Jackie brought this to the Christmas Party as her favorite thing, and every one of us wanted it.  We all know I am so white that I am practically translucent, so this was much needed.  I can't wait to try it out.  She swears by it and she always looks amazing.

Then, Maria just stopped by and brought me this wonderful gift...


I can't wait to use it!  It will be perfect for Zumba!!!  So anyway, my so-so day became much brighter.  I still can't get over the fact that we leave tomorrow for TULSA!!!  Yay!  No matter what, Tulsa will always be home to me.  I just love it there and I especially love the people.  It will be so fun.  Then, on Monday, we head back to Kansas City and get to spend a late Christmas at Mom and Dad Murrills!  It's going to be so fun and I know the girls are going to have so much fun being with both sides of our families.  

I tried a new recipe tonight for dinner.  It is supposedly the Broccoli Soup from Panera.  I don't think it tasted just like it, but it was good.  Here's the recipe if you are interested.  It was very easy to make.

Directions:

  1. 1
    Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
  2. 2
    Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.
  3. 3
    Add the vegetable stock. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
  4. 4
    Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
  5. 5
    Add salt and pepper and cheese. Stir in nutmeg.

No comments: