Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Changes, lots and lots of changes

So, it's been a VERY long time since I've been able to blog.  It has been so long that I became extremely overwhelmed at even the idea of blogging.  I couldn't even make myself think about it.  I haven't even been able bring myself to read other people's blogs.  My GoogleReader is pretty much full.

I had been blogging so faithfully, so this lapse of blogging made me sad/mad.  I finally promised myself that tonight would be the night, but I have to admit, I have tried everything and anything to get myself out of doing it.  I guess I don't cope well with pressure.

I figured I would start small and over the next few days get caught up.  There has been so much going on and I really don't know where to start.  We have had guests, a doctor's appointment, finalized a name for the baby, gone on trips, had a garage sale, finished Monroe's new room, transitioned her out of her crib, got rid of the morning bottle, worked hard on the baby's room...the list goes on!  I guess the best place to start is at the beginning...so here it goes.

Last week, Mark flew to Tampa for an interview.  We still don't know anything and it could be a couple of weeks before we do.  Mom Murrill ended up driving up to Chicago to see us and to watch Monroe for a few days.  This was such a blessing and came at the absolute PERFECT time.  I had to work Monday through Wednesday and two of those days I had to work pretty late.  It was so nice to have her here to watch Monroe and to have help while Mark was gone.

Monroe was so excited to have "Memaw" here for so long.  They bonded and had a great time together.  I loved every minute I got to spend with her, as well!

Mom Murrill helped do some deep cleaning in the house.  Cleaning that I'm pretty sure I would have not been able to get around to before the baby comes.  We are talking about washing all of the curtains and rugs, cleaning all of the windows (inside and out), cleaning the baseboards, etc.  You name it, she did it.  It was such a blessing and made the house feel so much fresher.  She also cut Rosie's bangs!  She did a great job.  Here are a few shots of her sporting her new bangs in a new dress that Memaw got her!

 My little sweetie.  She really is a big girl now! 



We were able to do some shopping, as well.  We found some great stuff.  My favorite is this little piece that we found at Marshall's...


You can't totally tell, but it is a peachy pink color and we thought would look awesome in the new baby's room.  I just love it.  I will post pictures of the rooms later this week, but it ended up in a different place than I had planned, but it looks great where we put it.

We got to celebrate Mom's birthday with her which was a real treat.  True to form, I didn't get any pictures of her while she was here!  Ugh, I'm such a flake sometimes!  I did manage to get a few funny pictures of Max at her birthday dinner.

 They had been taking turns pushing each other in the car.  We looked out and found this happening.  He's such a trip! 

 Our little plumber! 
 
What a cute little bootie! 

She also helped Melissa and me with a garage sale!  I don't know what we would have done without her.  The garage sale, by the way, was a huge success!  Melissa hosted the sale at her house in Hinsdale. Hinsdale is an amazing area and we were busy pretty much the whole time. I only was able to get a few things together before the sale and the majority of it was clothes.  I didn't figure that I would do too well and hoped to make around $40.  Well, all I can say is I was flabbergasted to see that I sold $90 worth of stuff.  I would have done a lot better if only I had charged a little more for my clothes.  Everyone else sold their clothes for $1 or $2 per item, but mine ranged from $0.25 to $1.00.  I finally ended up taking off all of my tags and charging more and I'm sure glad that I did.  I think I mentioned before, but I'm going to use most of the money for outdoor toys for Rosie.  I figure I better get something for little kiddo, as well:).  That's only fair.

We were so sad for Mom Murrill to leave.  It was such a great visit, but luckily, just like times in the past, my parents came right after, so we didn't have to feel the sting of sadness for long.  

I better quit for today.  I've got another early morning and my mom and dad are still here, so I need to savor the last few minutes with them.  They leave in the morning. :(

Over the next few days I promise to post pics of the rooms, unveil the name and tell you all about how the big girl bed transition went.  I hope all is well with everyone.  I've missed you!

1 comment:

nicole said...

I've missed your blogs! I've checked my reader more than once a day and also gone directly to the blog, to make sure I wasn't missing anything. You've been busy! I can't wait to hear all about it in person. Love you:)