Thursday, July 14, 2011

If you are happy and you know it...

I don't remember if I ever posted this piece of furniture that we found on the side of the road last summer.  When I saw it I thought it was very unique, but I knew we had no place for it.  It also needed some work.  I had every intention of redoing it, but let's be real...it wasn't going to happen in the next 6 years.  I decided the other day that it needed to go and I posted it on Craigslist for $50.   I figured that no matter what I sold it for, it would be more than I paid.  Well, tonight it left our home to live with another family.  Well, actually just a young single guy moving to the city.  I love getting something from nothing and I really love getting rid of clutter!!!  


Today was a wonderful relaxing day at home.  We didn't do too much.  We played outside in the water.  That kid LOVES her water table and wants to do it constantly.  One of the first things she said when she woke up this morning was, "Wawer" (that's Monroe for "water").  We waited until a little later, but she had fun all the same.

We also tended to our little garden.  I have 6 tomatoes growing!!!  They are still very small, but they are getting bigger.  I have been following my cucumber plant pretty closely and we had some tiny little cucumberlettes growing...probably about an inch long.  We had a hard time even spotting them.  Then, I looked yesterday and there was this guy...

It's hard to tell in the picture, but he's about 4 to 5 inches long!  I don't where he's been hiding all this time.

We made something for Mark today.  I'm not exactly sure how or when my husband started loving sweet tea, but he does.  He really, really loves it.  I found a recipe for sweet tea that sounded pretty good on a blog I read and thought I would make it for him.  I went to the store to get everything, and wouldn't you know it, they didn't have everything I needed.  So I just ended up making him some regular old sweet tea.  He loved it though, so it made me happy:)



Along with tea ingredients, I also found a few things at the grocery store that really appealed to me.  There is one thing in particular I would like to share.   They are really yummy...

It's embarrassing, but if you look closely at the box you can see a rip.  I must have really needed to get into those fast!

I was reading a magazine yesterday and came upon this picture/recipe:


I have decided that it must be made by me as soon as possible.  If I leave off the whip cream, I can make it vegan, so I'm very excited about it.  I'll be sure to take pictures and let you know how it turns out.  If it's good, I will pose the recipe.  

Tonight, while Monroe was playing with her water table, Mark decided to mow.  As soon as she heard the sound of the mower, she ran in the garage, got her mower and headed to help.  She is so silly sometimes.  


Here's a little movie of her tonight, singing one of her favorite songs...





  



 

No comments: