Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Trip's Top Ten

Well, I was wrong...the place did have internet, but there just wasn't enough time in the day to blog!  We were going from morning until night and it was great fun!

Here's a list of just some of the things we did...

1)  We went peach picking.

 Mason and the peaches
 Grandpa and Rosie
 Showing us how to pick
 We picked A LOT of peaches!  We are going to be eating peaches for quite a while.  Good thing we LOVE them!
 The ladies, just chatting! 
Our mini-crew.  They were a good team.  

2.  We ate amazing food!  Sorry, I didn't take pics!  We did a lot of grilling and ate lots of fresh Michigan fruits and veggies.  

3.  We spent hours on our private beach.  It was so incredible.  If you haven't been to Lake Michigan, you have to go.  I love it so much more than the ocean!  No salt water!!!

 Such a beautiful piece of heaven! 
 Enjoying the water with daddy! 
 Melissa and Mason
 Monroe did not like the sand right away...at all!
 Playing in the water!
 Starting to enjoy the sand!
My beach baby! 

4.  We climbed stairs...eighty deadly stairs.  I thought I was going to die each time.  It was worth getting down to the beach, but it almost did me in. 



5.  We relaxed.  Boy, did we ever relax.  It was the most serene environment.  Mom and Dad Murrill also took the kiddos in the mornings which allowed us to sleep in!!!  It was so nice. 
 My little cutie
 How could I not relax here?! 
 Look at this sunset!
The kiddos took it easy, as well! 

6.  We fell more in love:).  I'm pretty lucky. 




7.  We played.



8.  We had family time.






9.  There were some tears...



10.  We made memories to last a lifetime!  What a blessing. 

***********************************************

As sad as we were to leave, it is always nice to arrive home.  We did some laundry and got cleaned up.  Then the family came over for dinner.  More good food!  Now, I'm just relaxing on the couch.  Monroe went to sleep SUPER easily.  Mark, Mike and Dad Murrill are playing tennis, so now it's just me, myself and I tonight.

In pregnancy news, my itching hasn't left.  In fact, it's starting to intense a bit. By the way, don't get a sunburn if you suffer from itching problems.  I have learned the hard way.  I hope to find out how the tests came back sometime this week. I'll let you know what I find out.  I'm definitely having a lot of contractions, but nothing too exciting.  According to my weekly update emails, McKinley weighs approximately the amount of a cantaloupe.  I held a fresh cantaloupe this weekend and they're pretty heavy.  

I don't have a lot more to report.  I don't have to work again until Thursday!  It will be so nice to have three whole days to clean, cook, be at home, etc.  What a relief to not have to go to work tomorrow!!! 

Hope everyone has a lovely night.  Good Night!!     

1 comment:

tashacolleen said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you got the chance to relax and spend time with family. I hope you are doing well! I hope your itching eases up on you. :( That's no fun.

Love you!