Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thrilling Thursday...Maybe not thrilling, but fun!

Today was a very fun day!  Melissa picked Rosie and me up and we headed to the Cosley Zoo.  It truly is the perfect place to take kids.  Not only is it free for kiddos and only $3 for adults, it is never busy and is small enough not to be overwhelming.  The kids also get the chance to see the animals more closely than at a bigger zoo.  We really had such a wonderful time.  They kids enjoyed playing together and Melissa and I had a great time just chatting.  On the way home, we decided to stop at Goodwill to check out their kid books.  Well, all I can say is that I totally hit the jackpot.

Remember my favorite book of Monroe's? Well, I found the whole series at Goodwill!  I couldn't believe it.  I was overwhelmed by such an amazing find.  They are the sweetest little books and I feel so blessed to have them all.  God is really sending me some treats this week!


I also found some books that seemed to fit into our lives right now...


 And these?  Well, they were just really cute...


I swear, if you are looking for good quality books for your kids, don't spend too much!  Go to Goodwill, thrift stores or garage sales!  I got all of those books for less than what one book usually costs.  And, they were in mint condition.  Nothing like finding a good deal.

Guess what we had for dinner????



Lettuce from our garden!  (Not just plain lettuce. I used it in a salad.)  I would love to say it was the best I have ever eaten, but that would be a HUGE lie.  It was actually really bitter.  Oh, well.  I grew it! Yay! 

In other food news, I had the best popsicle tonight that I would like to recommend to you.  We are big believers in all things Edy's.  I just LOVE their popsicles.  Our favs are the lime and the lemon.  When my parents were here they mentioned that the pomegranate was really good. I hadn't even seen that kind before, but decided I would start looking.  Well, yesterday I went grocery shopping and they happened to have some.  RUN OUT NOW AND GET YOUR OWN!!!  I mean it, go now!  They are so tasty.  I just loved them.  
I found out the coolest news this afternoon.  One of my friends from gradeschool/highschool/college/adulthood is having...TWINS!!!! How exciting is that!  She's a twin and that makes it extra special.  I can't wait to find out the genders.  Keep Alana, Michael and Isaiah (their little guy) in your prayers as they have a lot to look forward to!   

I also found out that one of my besties, Andrea, is having a little girl!!!!  I am so happy.  I had secretly really wanted it to be a girl.  I mean look at these two people.  How is their child not going to be drop dead gorgeous?!  If you would like to follow along with their pregnancy journey, here is a link to her baby website.


I really need to update the list of all the pregnant ladies I know.  It's really gotten out of hand.  I would say 80% of my female friends are pregnant.  So fun!!!

I have been working very hard on painting pictures for both of the girls' rooms.  I finished little bit's, but I haven't completely finished Monroe's.  I will post pics as soon as I'm done.  I did get a tiny bit crafty the other night.  Some of our friends from church just had a little girl (Hadley) two weeks ago and I got a few little things for them.  I wanted to make something small to go along with it, so I stuck with what I know and made a headband with interchangeable bows.  I would love to say that I got really creative, but I just did the same ole' thing.  Oh well!  I hope they like them.


Well, I better wrap this one up.  It's getting late and I've got a lot to accomplish tomorrow.  Oh, I almost forgot.  Look what I got in the mail...

The bag I won from Angie's blog contest!  I just love it.  Thanks, girl!!!

Have a great night everyone.  Enjoy your popsicles that you hopefully bought.  Love to you all!  -Steph


No comments: