Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stains!!!

I am so, so, so frustrated right now!  Last night, I pulled out all of Monroe's old clothes.  I wanted to sort them and get them ready for McKinley.  Well, much to my chagrin, I found that a lot of my favorite little infant outfits had yellow spots on them!!!  I washed all of the clothes before they were stored, but after doing some research, found that breast milk will turn yellow after being stored if there is any heat at all!  I guess every milk stain has to be thoroughly treated after every spill.  I always washed her clothes, but apparently I didn't treat the spills as intensely as is required.  I remember having baby clothes given to me by friends/family and finding those yellow spots.  I guess it happens to a lot of people.  

Anyway, I was up well into the early morning hours treating those yellow stains.  I have soaked, scrubbed, washed...soaked, scrubbed, washed.  I've used Spray and Wash, OxiClean, baking soda, vinegar...you name it, I've tried it.  I am putting them in to wash again in a few minutes.  I am letting them soak for awhile.  I'll let you know how it goes.  A few friends have given me some other ideas, in case this doesn't work.  Next on the list...OxiClean Baby and a mixture of lemon juice, baking soda and sunlight.  I'm not above trying anything.

Sorry to rant so much.  I just love so many of those little outfits and I hate not to be able to use them again with McKinley.  Hopefully this intense cleaning will work!

So anyway, lesson learned.  Don't forget to treat every spill, even if it doesn't stain, because it is sure to come back to bite you in a year or so!  I will be very careful this time around.

1 comment:

nicole said...

I hope something works. It is so disappointing to store something and find it useless when you get it out again. Ugh. Let me know if you can't find the OxiClean Baby, you can have what's left in my bottle if you want to just try it out.