Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Liver Time

Well, it was just as I suspected, I have to have a full liver panel and my bile levels tested to help rule out Cholestatis.  Ugh!  I'm pretty sure it won't be my liver, but I'll be glad to be able to rule it out.  I'm still measuring right were I should be.  McKinley's heartbeat is in the 140's which is good.  He also checked and found that she is head down, which is a relief.  I know that she can flip, but it's nice to know that she's pointed in the right direction for now.  Because of the itching, he did say that there's a chance she will come early.  I asked about getting steroids to help make sure her lungs are ready, but he said that he never gives steroids after 34 weeks.  He said that in theory, her lungs should be all ready to go and just because Monroe's weren't, doesn't mean that will happen again.  He said he would prefer for her to come at 37 weeks, but he won't be upset if she comes between now and then.

I go back in two weeks and will have an actual exam and they will test me for Strep.  With Monroe, I had her a day after my exam.  I kind of think that's what kick started labor.  It's kind of nerve wracking!

Since I've been home this evening, I've been having a lot of contractions.  They are pretty uncomfortable and my back is hurting like crazy.  I think I maybe pushed it a little too hard today at work. It's hard not to on Orientation Days.

Rosie was a sweet little lady all evening...that is, until bedtime.  She totally flipped a switch and threw the biggest, grandest, craziest fit ever.  She was horrible.  She threw herself down on the ground and cried the most horrifying cry I have ever heard.  Mark and I just looked at each other.  It was jaw dropping to watch.  We could tell she was completely and utterly exhausted, but it was absolutely unacceptable behavior.  We ended up putting her to bed without a book or a song, which are two of her favorite things.  She is now completely knocked out in the exact same spot we left her.  She must have been way beyond tired.

I do not like tantrums.  They are NO fun!  Please forgive me Mom and Dad for all of my bad behavior as a little girl.  I know I had my moments!  I sincerely apologize.  

There's been a little change of plans about our trip this weekend.  Mom Murrill ended up finding a different house to rent that's right on the beach!!! Yay!  Doesn't that sound amazing?!  Our own private beach right in our backyard?!  I can't wait.  I really could use some relaxation time.

Well, have a lovely evening.  My last day of work for the week is tomorrow and I'm pretty glad about that.

1 comment:

tashacolleen said...

Have fun on your trip! It sounds incredible! While you are waiting for baby girl to arrive, enjoy your free-time ... we'll both soon be out of it in no time. I hope your itching eases up ... I know how miserable you were last pregnancy, and I'd hate for you to take something and have hallucinating nightmares again. Ick! Let's talk on the phone soon ... I think good things are coming your guys' way ... I just feel it! :) Love you!