Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ice Queen

So Mom and Dad Murrill called last week and wanted to see if we were up for an impromptu vacation to Michigan. I am always up for Michigan. I love that place. The scenery, the fruits, the lake…all good things in my book. We leave on Thursday, yes, this Thursday and are staying in a cute little house in South Haven. It’s just minutes from the beach and I know we are going to have a great time. I can’t wait. I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures. Okay, let’s be real, I probably will forget to take any pictures, but it never hurts to set lofty, unattainable goals for myself.

My newest addiction, much to the chagrin of my dentist father, is chomping on ice. They have the best ice at work and I go through cup, after cup, after cup. It’s the consistency of Sonic ice, but shaped a bit more like a hotdog, a very tiny hotdog. I just love it!!! I won’t discriminate against ice though, any kind will do. I feel bad for people around me, because I’m sure the crunching is so annoying, but I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t feel bad enough to stop. I know that’s horrible.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I have to stop this post to clean up the huge cup of ice water that I just spilled all over my desk here at work. Everything is covered in ice and water, including me….

Okay, I’m back, but I’m very aggravated at myself. This wouldn’t be that big of a deal, except for the fact that last night I accidently dumped a whole glass of water off of my nightstand. I had to move it and the bed to get it all sopped up. And about two days before that…the same thing had happened. I was just telling Mark last night, that I was known for this as a child. If there was water in my vicinity, it would be accidently dumped by me. It was like a moth to a flame. My parents finally threatened to never take me to restaurants because I was always the kid that hit the water over. I don’t know if I should blame pregnancy, or if this is just something I’m going to have to deal with the rest of my life. Woe is me.

I’m telling you, McKinley, is getting very cramped in my belly. As I write this, there is a little foot pushing so hard against me, it’s crazy. It really makes me laugh. I just love this little kid. I can’t wait to meet her. I have a feeling she might be a little feistier than Rosie, but I’m sure she’ll be just as sweet. I can never remember how far along I am, but I just looked it up and I’m a little over 34 weeks. I sure can’t wait to be doneJ. I’m still pushing for that August 18th birthday. That is less than a month away! I'll let you know how the doctor's appointment goes!

No comments: