Monday, July 25, 2011

It's BAAAACK!

Well, the itching is officially back.  I have been trying to deny the fact, but after last night, there was no denying.  I knew for sure when I woke myself up itching.

From the top of my head, to the bottom of my feet...I itch. I've decided that I can totally handle it this time.  I've been here, done it and bought like 12 of the t-shirts, so I am going to be really calm and not freak out.  Hopefully, it works.  I also really hope this little lady comes early, though.  Rosie has been so sweet.  This morning I was telling Mark about the itching and she came up to me and said, "Momma itching?  I sorry!"  It was the cutest thing.  I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I'll let him know then about the return.  I'm sure I'll have to get my liver tested again, "UGH!"  I hate that, but I understand we have to be on the safe side.  I'll let you know how it all goes.

Sabbath was nice.  After Sabbath School and Church, we came home for lunch.  The Meharry's and Kenneth came.  I have to admit, I think it was my best batch of bbq meatballs to date.  They are just so yummy.  We rested a lot of the afternoon.  Brandon arrived later in the evening and we headed to Nordstrom Rack and then to Giordano's for some Chicago-style pizza.  We went a little nuts and added spinach to our normal black olive pizza.  We will definitely be doing that again.  It really made it extra yummy.  I think Monroe loved it the most.

We watched the movie "The Town" after we got home.  I had never heard of it, but the guys played it up to be a romantic comedy.  Much to my dismay, it was far from a romantic comedy.  It was a movie about bank robbers.  But, I have to say, it's the first movie I've made it through in a long time.  I usually am asleep thirty minutes in.   Our evening reminded me of old times with the Murman's.  We were missing a very important part...Kaylee, but we still had a lovely time.  

This morning we woke up and decided on Juicy-O for breakfast.  It is quite the place.  As soon as you are seated they serve you the most wonderful little donuts.  I just LOVE them. The food is pretty incredible, as well.  After breakfast, we had to come home and wish our dear friend off.  It was sad to see him go, but hopefully it won't be long until we see him again.  Brandon called us later to let us know his flight was cancelled!!!  Isn't that horrible?  There was another flight later in the afternoon, and although we offered to come get him, he decided to stick it out.  Even later we found out that the afternoon flight got cancelled, as well!  Poor guy didn't end up leaving until after 8:00 pm!  What a trooper!

After naps had by all, we did a few things around the house and then went to do some errands and get groceries.  I have been having a lot of wardrobe malfunctions lately and just as I was going into the grocery store, the strap on my dress broke.  I don't know how or why, it just totally came apart.  Because of the itching situation, I had given myself special permission to go braless, but without the support of the strap, the situation was not a good one.  Not a good one, AT ALL!  I braved the store, but I've never shopped faster.

As soon as I got home, I changed back into my "uniform".  The uniform this pregnancy is one of the biggest t-shirts known to man.  It is one of Mark's and it is so comfy.  It must be like an
xxxxxxxxxx-large and looks roughly 30 years old.  I asked Mark tonight if he thought it to be work appropriate.  He's thinking it over.

I've been working on some projects tonight that pretty much consumed me.  I have never hemmed clothes before and a few friends have asked me to.  I have usually declined because, well, I don't know how.  However, Nicole really needed a bridesmaid dress shortened before she leaves on Wednesday and I really wanted to help her out.  This really, really frightened me because there was a definite chance that I would seriously screw things up.  After scouring the internet for tutorials, I gave it my best shot.  It's far from perfect, but I don't think any one will be the wiser.  I now need to do Kelsey's shorts!  I am so sorry it is taking me so long, Kels!  I will do them this week.

Nicole also needed a little bow-tie made for Ezra using the extra fabric I cut off of the dress.  I didn't have enough of the fabric leftover to be able to use some of the really cute tutorials I found online, so I had to improvise and I'm not so good at improvisation when it comes to sewing...comedy, maybe...sewing, not at all.  I am totally unhappy with the results, but it's all I could come up with.  If she ends up using it, it will need some major "staging".  Oh, well.  I was too exhausted to try again.  I won't even be posting any pictures. I'm too embarrassed by the train wreck.  I'm sorry I didn't come through for you, Nicole!!!

I've been meaning to ask, have you tried Pinterest yet?  If you haven't, you should.  I just LOVE it.  It lets you "pin" all of the wonderful things you find online and keep it organized in "boards".  You also share your pins with followers.  I have found the coolest things!  You really should check it out.  If you do, be sure to find me.

Tonight, I ran across a picture on FB of a meal that a friend's mom had made.  They are Italian and you could totally tell it was a fabulous authentic Italian meal.  I was jealous and my mouth was watering.  I happen to be friends on FB with the mom, and I decided to be brave and she if she would share some of her recipes.  Well, she was completely happy to share the wealth and I can't wait to give her homemade tomato sauce and eggplant parm a try!  I'll let you know how it turns out.  She also offered to have us over for dinner the next time we're in town.  We will be there with bells on!!!

Guess what?!  Melissa and a few of my friends here are throwing me a baby shower!!!  I'm so excited.  I really wasn't expecting one since this is my second baby, but I am so grateful for their generosity.  It's going to be at my friend, Jen's house in her beautiful backyard.  Melissa gave me one of the invitations and it is just beautiful.  I can't wait.  It's going to be August 9th.  It will be so fun to have a little girl time.  I really don't get much of that anymore.

Well, I better run. It's late and I have work tomorrow.  It's my long week, so keep me in your prayers!  Good Night!

No comments: