Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 2

Work week done!  What a relief.  I have a major headache, but I don't even mind because I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday!  I am so excited for the holiday weekend.  It will be so fun to be outside and relax with the family.  We are planning on doing a fun grilling day on Sunday with the Meharry's.  I can't wait.

Today, I attended the graduation for one of our hospital's Therapeutic Day Schools.  Our therapeutic day schools are best described as schools for students who were falling through the cracks in regular school because of behavioral or social issues.  It gives a chance for students, that would never have been able to succeed in regular school, to flourish and really feel special.  The schools are safe places where the students don't feel different, but rather, feel accepted.  The program is really phenomenal.  The students take part in all kinds of different therapies (art, music, pet/equine, group, individual, sports therapy) and are taught how to succeed and how to overcome some of their social anxieties, etc.

I know that I'm an easy cry right now, but this graduation was EMOTIONAL!  I swear I was crying from the minute I arrived.  It was so neat to see the kids beaming from ear to ear--so proud of their hard earned accomplishments.  Students that probably would have never received any awards were on the honor roll and excelling in arts or in music.  Then their choir sang a few songs and I really fell apart.  When the students actually graduated, I was a goner!  Their parents and proud family members were crying tears of joy and there I sat, not knowing any of the kids from Adam, weeping.  I'm sure people must have thought I was related to one of the graduates, but nope...I didn't know a one.

I love seeing people overcome odds!  Don't you?  I really don't think it gets much better.  It all made me think of my two girls.  I can't wait to see them grow and mature and become young ladies.  I can't wait to celebrate with them on their graduation day and then later, their wedding day.  I am already so proud of them both, just for being.  It will be so neat when they start to choose interests and begin to exhibit talents.  I just can't wait.  But then, I really can.  I don't want them to grow up at all.  The idea of them no longer being babies is heartbreaking.  Man, being a parent is hard.  I sure love it, though!

Well, enough of that mushy stuff.  Let's get to something totally not lovey dovey at all...oops!:)  

7 Reasons Why I love Mark William Murrill

#2 He's so funny!  If you know me, you know I love to laugh and my favorite thing in the world is making other people laugh.  I feel so lucky to have such a funny man in my life that I can laugh with.  I mean this guy cracks me up.  He can be so silly, but also has such a dry wit.  I love that he doesn't embarrass easy and nothing is off limits.  Thank you, Marky, for being the funniest guy I know.  No one makes me smile like you! 


 See, I wasn't kidding...nothing embarrasses him! 
 Silly Guy!
 So fun to be around, this guy! 
Not afraid to look silly...those are my shorts, by the way.  

I'm one lucky girl.  One lucky girl that is so tired.  I better go.  Love to you all!  

No comments: