Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 6

So, the weathermen were WAY off today!  They've been saying all week that today was going to be beautiful and in the 80's!  I was so excited and had planned a wonderful day full of water activities for the kiddos.  Well, try torrential rains!!! I mean scary storms.  What a let down for all of us.

Monroe would not nap alone for anything.  The thunder kept scaring her and her cries became so hysterical.  I can't bear to hear that cry.  We got her up and we laid in our bed with her.  She was out within a few minutes and slept for a good two hours.  I rested a bit, too.

This afternoon, the rains let up and the Meharry's and Kenneth came over to BBQ.  It was nice to hang out and eat good food.  Nicole did it again and brought two AMAZING desserts.  She made yummy coconut cream bars and an apple pie for Mark.  I, of course, tried both and they were equally good.  So, so, so good.

I am so excited that we don't have to go to work tomorrow!  We are still figuring out our game plan for our day, but it will be great to have a dinner alone.  We are so thankful that Nicole was willing to watch Monroe.  We haven't had one of those in forever.  I truly don't remember the last time. It will be awesome. 

Here's a pic that Kenneth sent me from yesterday.  It's not to great of me, but I love our little family!



7 Reasons why I love Mark William Murrill

#6- His cute little quirks-  I don't think any couple is prepared for the little nuances in our personalities that come out after living together for awhile.  I have enjoyed figuring out Mark's little special quirks.  Of course, there was quite a learning curve, but now I adore these cute things about him.  They are what set him apart and make him special.  These are a few of my favorite things about him!

1)  That he has to have his socks folded a very unique way before put away in his drawers.  I didn't know this for the longest time and finally caught him refolding them one day.  He had to teach me his method.

2)  That he is so precise when ironing his shirts/clothes.  I can iron a shirt in a few seconds.  It takes him about 30 minutes per shirt!  He has a routine and I have to admit, his product is pretty perfect.  I gave up trying long, long ago. 

3)  Mark has been known to eat 2 to 3 dinners per night.  He will eat dinner with me and a few hours later have another dinner.  Then a little after that, another snack/dinner.  I don't understand how he stays so thin!  

4) Mark must, no matter what, take a shower before he goes to bed.  He always takes at least two showers, but that night time one cannot be skipped.  Believe me, I've tried many different things to try and get him just to come to bed, but nothing works.  One time, I thought I got him to skip it and a few minutes later, he snuck out to take one.  This guy is so clean.

5) Mark always claims to be a non picky eater, but...he doesn't eat: tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, brownies, ricotta cheese, enchiladas, lasagna, mushrooms & lima beans.   I know there are more, but I can't think of them right now.  

6) When he is being photographed he ALWAYS laughs, he can't just smile.  

7) He loves yard work.  He enjoys nothing more than a good day of mowing and weed eating.

8)  When he lays next to me, he always tells me to "Come into his "love nest"!"  It means he wants to hold me.  It weirded me out at first, but now I find it so endearing.  There's no place I'd rather be.

9)  He loves sports.  It used to be a little overwhelming because he could watch, talk about or play them constantly.  Now, I have lightened up, and he has mellowed out.  I love that somehow he is good at every one.  I really can't think of one sport that he doesn't excel in.  

10)  He's willing to deal with my REALLY strange quirks.  For every one of his, I've got three.  I love how accepting he is and how much he loves my weirdness.


No comments: