Monday, May 2, 2011

Roses and Tulips

Today was a good day.  Rosie and I were able to get a lot accomplished and had some fun, too!  I love those kinds of days!  We worked on some crafting projects, but I will post pics of those later this week.  We also planted some flowers and some cilantro.  I really hope the cilantro takes off, because I adore that stuff.  I think it is the perfect addition to almost any meal.  I also put the last coat of white paint on the branch for the mobile.  I hope to start assembling soon.  I have to work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so I probably won't get it done before that. 
  
Here are a few pics I took outside today: 

 A "Rose" and some tulips...I love the little dress she is wearing.  Tami, Shane and Kamryn got it for her at Christmas.  I LOVE the brand TEA.  Such cute things. 
 While our neighbors were at work, we took pictures in their flowers.  They're cool. I really don't think they would mind a bit.
 Enjoying the Flowers

I was so excited to get my fabric in the mail for Little Bit's quilt today.   I just LOVE it and have already started cutting!  I will post pics during the process.  Hopefully, that will keep me motivated to stay at it.  I still have to run to Joann's and get a few other things before I can start, but I will hopefully be able to begin this weekend.  



When I was out running errands, I found something that I have been looking for, for a long time...a dry erase calendar.  It was very cheap and I really like that it has the frames on the side.  I think it will be a great place to post my menu, as well as other important dates.


As promised, here is the little hat project I finished up tonight.  I really hope that little "E" loves it.  Monroe really does.

Our Menu for this week:

Monday:  Sub Sandwiches
Tuesday: Creamy Marinara Sauce over penne with bread and salad
Wednesday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Thursday: Cinco De Mayo!  Maybe eating out...if not, quesadillas...yes again:)
Friday: Haystacks
Saturday: Cottage Cheese Loaf, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Green Beans
Sunday:  Hopefully something super amazing (Mark's got Sunday covered)

I have to run.  I've got to work from home tonight.  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

tashacolleen said...

The hat turned out perfectly .... wait, what's that? Do I hear Etsy calling your name? :)