Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I have a bone to pick...

...with the person who invented thigh highs!  What were they thinking?  Well, I guess a better question would be, "What was I thinking?"

When I got to about 6 or 7 months pregnant with Monroe, my uniform became dresses.  I wore them almost every day to work.  At AHS Corporate, you were supposedly required to wear hosiery, but many to all women ignored this and chose to go without.  I took it upon myself to decide that hose was not required for any pregnant woman during the summer months.

Things are a little different in the hospital setting.  You MUST wear hose and they aren't kidding around.  I have been dying to wear dresses, but in this newly acquired heat that has arrived in Chicago, I couldn't fathom wearing pantyhose, especially since I have a pantyhose phobia!  I started despising them in highschool, but when I got pregnant it got overwhelming to the point that I actually had a panic attack one day while wearing them.  The tightness around my belly was just too much for me to handle.

This weekend, I got the bright idea that I could wear dresses if I had thigh highs.  Then, I wouldn't have to worry about the suffocating feeling I get.  Well, I got some and wore them for the first time today.  All I can say is, never again.  I must have looked like such a weirdo, because they kept falling down.  Well, actually the right leg stayed up perfectly, it was my left leg that had problems.  Every time I walked anywhere (and I do a lot of walking at work) it would slowly start to inch it's way down my leg until it was down around my ankle.  Most of the time, I would feel it happening in time and I could duck into a quiet corner, but there were at least three times, where I'm sure someone saw.  How completely embarrassing.

I think I have some good news...knock on wood.  On Saturday I started getting kind of itchy again.  If you know anything about my first pregnancy, you know that I went through three arduous weeks of intense itching--from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.  It was the worst medical ailment I have ever dealt with and I was terrified that it was back.  I really couldn't imagine having it for the rest of my pregnancy as I have 14 whole weeks left instead of just three.  I mentioned it to Mark, and you should have seen the fear come across his face.  It was pretty excruciating for him, too.  I would cry myself to sleep some nights and he really felt so bad for me.  Anyway, I think it was just the change in weather, because it has completely gone away now.  Well, actually, now that I'm talking about it I'm itching again, but I'm sure it's just psychosomatic.   So anyway, I'm very relieved.  Please pray that it doesn't return!

I have my next doctor's appointment tomorrow.  It has really snuck up on me.  He's seeing me every three weeks now, so it comes a lot more often.  I almost forgot about it and probably would have, if they hadn't called to confirm.  Hopefully it will go smoothly.  I really don't have much to mention to him.  I have been having a lot of pelvic pain, but I had the same thing with Monroe, so I'm not too concerned.  I'll let you know how it all goes.  

I almost forgot to mention what a wonderful surprise it was to have my favorite person guest blog (or web log) yesterday!  I just love that guy.  He was so good at it, huh?!  I think I've almost got him to agree to sign a contract for at least three guest posts a year!  We'll see what I can negotiate.  I'm also trying to convince him to start his own blog.  He's such a talented and entertaining writer.  I wouldn't miss a post!  I haven't succeeded yet, but I'll keep working on it.

I better run.  I have lots of cleaning to do.  We are trying to get the basement spic and span before my two friends, Ashley and Jaime arrive on Friday!  I can't wait for them to get here and I really want their time in the "Love Cave" to be perfect:)

Have a great night!

No comments: