Saturday, May 7, 2011

Surprise, Surprise!

What an amazing day from start to finish!  It started out with this:

 Yes, it tasted as amazing as it looks!  It's apple bread from Breadsmith and it is hard to beat.  

After that yummy start, we got ready and headed to Sabbath School and Church.  Rosie is definitely not quite herself yet, but luckily by the end of the day today, she's started acting a lot more "Rosie"ish and although it's not graceful, has begun walking on her sore foot again.  I'm guessing it was a little sprain.

Here's the little girlie all ready for Sabbath School.  I LOVE this dress.  My mom got it for her awhile back and I think it is so cute.  I just love the little flowers. 
 Another sweet shot.  I love this kid!  

We had a nice lunch with Mike and Mason and then headed home for a nap.  It was a relaxing afternoon.  Later on, we ended up calling the Meharry's and met them for Starbucks, dinner at Pei Wei (free entree for Moms) and a park visit.

 About ready to head out for the evening! 

Just so you know, it's half price frappucino time at Starbucks and they have just introduced the new Coconut Mocha Frappucino!  It is something to write home about...or in my case, write on your blog about.  It is just amazing!!!  Mark has decided to give veganism a go, and he was able to get it with soy milk and it was just as yummy.  Go get yourself one!  I mean it's half price (from 3pm to 5pm), how can you turn that down?  I love that you can get them decaf now! 
The kiddos and Auntie Nicole               
My two sweethearts! 
I had to post another one, they are just so adorable! 

After all of that wonderfulness, it would be hard for the day to get much better, right?!  Well, I was wrong!  Mark took us a different way home and we ended up at the Drury Lane Hilton for the evening.  He surprised me with a little Mother's Day Staycation!  I LOVE staying in hotels.  I think it is so fun.  We have a beautiful suite which allows for Rosie to have her own room--even better!  

So right now, I am writing this from my bed in the hotel.  We have had a wonderful evening.  We took Rosie to the pool and she LOVED it.  I forgot my camera when we went down, but here are some "getting ready to go to the pool" pics.

She really likes to jump on the bed! 
Daddy and Rosie, rearing to go to the pool! 
Showing her spunky side.  I have to admit, the little swimming suit is pretty cute! 

I feel so lucky to have my little family.  They are so good to me and make me feel so special.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!  

Before I forget, remember how I mentioned that the Magnolia tree was pretty for about two days?  Well, I wanted to show you pictures of why it is Mark's arch nemesis...

 It's only been doing this for a day or two...imagine when all of the leaves are off.  It's pretty aggravating!

Also, we saw this guy while we were driving this evening and I felt very compelled to take his picture.  Can you tell what's on his head?

It's a hard hat.  He's driving with a hard hat on.  I guess you can never be too safe. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers in my life, especially my own!  I have been blessed with a mother that is my best friend.  When my parents were on vacation, I got a taste of what it would be like to not be able to call my mom any time that I want, and it was HORRIBLE!  I was never so happy to have her back.  Thank you, Mom, for being such a Godly, funny, loving, caring, generous, amazing woman!  I couldn't ask for a better role model!  I LOVE YOU!     

No comments: