Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Big City Girls

I really shouldn't be allowed to diaper a baby in the middle of the night.  I am so out of it and no matter how long I've gone without a full night's sleep, my body and mind just can't seem to get used to it.  I'm always worried when I go into her room in the morning to see my diaper workmanship.  Am I going to find that I diapered the wrong end?  Will I have used a rug instead of a diaper?  I never know what I'm going to find.  Today, somehow the diaper was backwards.  That actually must have required more dexterity than regular diapering.  I amaze myself sometimes.

Today has been lovely so far.  Mark had to leave us pretty early, but we were able to sleep in a bit, well until 7:30ish (Remember when sleeping in meant 10 am?).  We ate a good breakfast and got ready.  Somehow, in the 15 hours we have been here, we have totally destroyed both rooms and used 100-200 towels/washcloths, so I spent a good amount of time straightening the place up.  Now, Kiki is napping and Rosie and I are just hanging out until she wakes up.  We then plan to start on our girls' day!  I'm not completely sure what it will include, but we are going to play it by ear.  It will most likely include at least one mall and probably one trip to Starbucks.

Wishing you all the best from Raleigh, NC!

No comments: