Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes

We finally have internet!  I got so used to not using it that I just haven't been on lately.  It was kind of a nice break, but I'm back and ready to blog, blog, blog.

Our weekend was great.  Lunch at our house on Saturday was so fun and we all ended up hanging out until late that night.  The girls stayed here and watched a movie and the boys went to Jackie's to watch a basketball game.

Jackie brought over all of the stuff to make nachos on Saturday night.  It's hard to tell, but because all of my silverware was dirty from the day, Maria is using a huge serving fork to eat:) 

I've been super busy on some projects around the house.  One of which was one that I said I was going to do MONTHS ago.  Well, I finally did it this weekend.  It was that little cabinet in Kiki's room.  I decopauged the top and shelves with scrapbook paper.  I really like how it turned out.

We also worked really hard on cleaning our garage.   I wish I had taken a picture of it before Sunday.  It was NUTS.  You could hardly walk through it.  Although it's not quite finished, we are much closer to being able to park a car in there.  At this point, we could probably park one of those smart cars in it, but a big ole' van?  Nope.

Unpacking the boxes was like the total opposite of Christmas.  It wasn't fun to open them.  We've been able to live without the things in the boxes for so long so their contents weren't super important.  I also struggled because I really didn't know where to put the stuff.  We don't have a lot of extra room.  So anyway, when I opened up two HUGE boxes of toys I almost fainted.  I didn't know where I was going to put them and I got overwhelmed.  Monroe, however, was in hog heaven when she saw all of her old toys.  She couldn't figure out what to play with first.  She would play with one toy for a few seconds, see another one, squeal with delight and move on to that.   By the end of Sunday, our house looked like a hurricane had gone through.  Yesterday, I spent the day organizing and putting away.  Now all of the toys are in bins sorted by kind.  I also came upon a box of my beauty supplies.  I got them all organized under my sink and I'm feeling pretty good about it.  I have to say, Maria and Jackie made yesterday possible, because I couldn't have gotten it all done without them.  They volunteered to watch Monroe while I worked.  Thank you, thank you!!!

My very organized beauty products.  I used photo boxes from Michael's because they were on big time sale.  I also think they are pretty cute and I love the place for labels.   

I have to say, I kind of out did myself yesterday for dinner.  I got all Mediterranean and made Falafel wraps.  I baked some falafels (instead of frying) to make them healthier.  I had never tried baking them before, but I was really happy with how they turned out.  I also made tabouli and a yogurt sauce with cucumbers and grape tomatoes.  I put out sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and fresh spinach to add.  It was so yummy and it was actually really easy.  The falafels themselves were just from a box.  I added water and some fresh parsley.  I got the tabouli recipe from my friend Susie, although she just gave me the ingredients since she doesn't use specific measurements.  It ended up turning out well.  I definitely will be making this meal more often.

Zumba last night was pretty interesting.  The exchange students were still there, so it was packed again.  In fact, there were a lot of new people there.  One lady in particular was very obnoxious entertaining.  She was a tiny little lady and was wearing a Christmas green spandex outfit with red accents.  She had a pixie haircut, so she looked a tiny bit like a leprechaun or one of Santa's elves. On her feet, she wore those barefoot shoes.  Those shoes really weird me out.  Here's a pic if you don't know what I'm talking about...

The entertaining part was her moves.  She clearly had been to a class somewhere before and she kept doing her own thing.  She was creating her own moves as if our moves weren't quite good enough.  She was standing right by me, so it really threw me off.  I'm just hoping that all of these new people start to trickle off after people start to let go of their New Year's Resolutions.

Last night we went to Jackie's for girls' night.  She has a shellac light and polish and we did our nails.  I just love that stuff.  It makes my nails feel so strong.  I just did clear, but it still looks great.  I don't normally have time to do my nails, so it was extra special to get a chance to do that.

Today has been pretty low key.  I don't have any big plans for the day either.  Just taking it easy.  I do have a craft project that I was wanting to work on for Kiki's room.  I also haven't hung her mobile over her crib yet!  Poor kid isn't getting the kind of visual stimulation she deserves.  

Here are some pictures of the girls from yesterday.

I came back in to check on Rosie after I put her down for her nap and this is what I found.  She was pretty worn out:) 
The Keekster has had a bad cold.  She's been in good spirits though!  You can't wipe that little grin off of her face if you tried. 

No comments: