Monday, January 16, 2012

Love Dare Week 1

I thought if you wanted, you could join in on our love dare journey.  The dare for this week is, "to pray for the Lord to teach me what real love is and make me a loving person."

(It was amazing that right after we prayed this first prayer on Friday evening, we had such a "heart to heart" and I really feel like I did come to a greater understanding of what real love is.  Pretty cool.)

Last night's activity was so good that I feel like I really need to share.  It suggested you read
1 Corinthians 13.  After reading it once, reread verses 4-7 replacing the words "love" or "it" with your first name.  Then pray to make it a reality in your life.  It was pretty powerful to hear my name in the verse and really made me want to step up my game.  I know there are areas where I could be much more loving.  For me this activity was like looking in a mirror and seeing where I could improve.  My new goal is to be this person:

Stephanie is patient, Stephanie is kind.
She does not envy, she does not boast, she is not proud.
She does not dishonor others, she is not self-seeking, she is not easily angered, she keeps no record of wrongs.
Stephanie does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
She always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

_____________________________________________________

I did the 30 day shred this morning, and let me tell you, it was tough.  It is nice that it is only 20 minutes and that the sections are only one, two, or three minutes long, but those 20 minutes are pretty intense.  Jillian said that by day seven you will start to find that you have a lot more endurance.  I'm praying for day seven.

I sold my kitchen cart today!  I always have Mark come home or go meet the people just to be safe.  Today I felt pretty silly when I asked him to come home and this tiny little indian girl showed up.  I totally could have taken her down if need be, but it's better to be safe than sorry, I guess.  We are getting closer to our goal of buying bookcases!  Yay!

Tonight after Zumba, I am headed to our friend Colby's house for a girls' movie night!  It should be fun.  I don't know what movie we are going to watch, but I'm excited to get to know Colby better and spend time with some other wonderful friends.

I have so much laundry to do/fold it's unheard of.  I don't understand how it happens so quickly.  Just adding one more tiny person has made it so much worse.  I guess that little person does seem to have at least one blow-out per day.  Do any of your have any special schedules or tips on making laundry more manageable?  I feel like I'm drowning in it all and can't seem to stay on top of it!  HELP!!!

Well, I better run and work on said laundry.  Love to you!

1 comment:

Joy said...

When I had four children at home I learned if I didn't do laundry at least every other day then it would get overwhelming. When you have smaller amounts, it's easier to dry, fold and put away. I have continued to do this and all my children are grown and have left home. Just a thought that worked for me. Stephanie, if I lived there, you know I would gladly do your laundry daily. I LOVE YOU!