Monday, January 30, 2012

All Girl

I don't know how it happened because she's never watched a Disney movie, but Monroe loves the Disney Princesses.  I mean adores them.  She only wants to wear her princess jammies (handed down from cousin Kamryn) and when she has them on, she prances around like she's the most beautiful girl in the world (which, of course, she is).

When Blythe left an Ariel book and two Princess figurines here this weekend, I realized just how much she loved them.  I went in her room to put her to bed last night and she was lying on her bean bag reading the Ariel book with the little figures on her chest.  She HAD to sleep with them last night.  In fact, I went in her room about 45 minutes after I put her down, and she was singing to them.

I knew that I was going to need to get her something "Princess" of her own because we had to give Blythe back her things.  Today we went to the store and we came home with this...


It is a book with little figurines of all of the Princesses and a little mat to play with them on.  She's in love and has been playing with them all afternoon.

It's amazing to me how most little girls are so innately girlie. I haven't pushed it on her at all.  She was born loving pink, wanting to roll her hair, play dress up and put make-up on.


She's been a little "mommy" from as early as I can remember.

Rosie with her first baby.  

It's so sweet.  It will be fun to see if Keek's is girlie, too!  I'm sure we will soon find out.

So tonight after Zumba we decided to try something new and went to a Yoga class.  I have to say, I loved it.  It was so relaxing and I feel about 10 inches taller.  After I got past my initial fear of an accidental toot eeking out, I really enjoyed myself and I definitely plan on going back.

Well, it's been a long day and I better call it a night.  Have a good one!

No comments: