Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here's to good friends and attainable goals!

I guess it's a little annoying that people need a new year to get the gumption to make changes in their lives, but I have to say there's nothing like a new beginning and I'll sure take it.  I am not, however, going to make huge unattainable goals that totally stress me out.  I do have some things that I really want to work toward in 2012 though and I thought I would tell you a bit about them.

First off, I am going to work hard at getting back in shape.  It's really something I want for myself and I am excited to make it happen.  To get there, I will continue going to my classes at the gym on Mondays and Wednesdays, start back going to the gym for cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays and continue to work on my portion sizes.  I also want to start incorporating more veggies into our diet.

I will cut back on the amount of television I watch.  I have a real problem with having the tv on just for background noise.  I've decided to replace that noise with music and when I feel the need to watch I will read.  The book club will definitely help with that.  If I absolutely must watch something, I will try to only do it when the girls are napping.

(By the way, I am LOVING the book we are reading for book club.  It's so hard to put down.  In case you missed it, the book we are reading is, "What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty.  So far, so good.)

We have also decided to really crack down on our finances.  Not that we are out of control or anything, but we have the opportunity to save some money now and we really want to take full advantage and be smarter.

My last goal is to be more deliberate about making specific time for worship as a family and as an individual.  I want to make it a bigger part of who we are as a family.  I'm the most excited about this goal, because I know that it will impact all of the others.  So anyway, wish me luck on these goals.  I will keep each of you in my thoughts and prayers as I know we all usually have some things we want to work on going into a new year.

As I write, I am sitting with our dear friends, the Baughmans.  We have had the best time with them and I am so sad that they are leaving tomorrow.  I just feel so blessed that they made the long trek to come see us.  It was perfect ringing in the New Year with them, like so many years before.

I just uploaded all of the pictures from the holidays onto the computer and I have almost 500 to go through.  We went nuts on the camera I guess.  That's so unlike me!  I actually think that Mark was responsible for a good portion of them.  I can't wait to tell you all about our trip, but I think I'm going to call it a night.  Here are a few pics from our visit with our besties...







No comments: