Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Lila Elizabeth

I can't believe this weekend is almost over.  Man, it just flies by.  We had a fun one.  On Friday, we went over to some friend's house for dinner.  On Saturday, we were headed to Sabbath School and Church, when we learned that Kaylee was in labor!!!  Yay!  By that afternoon, we got the text that Lila Elizabeth Baughman had arrived.  She is truly breathtaking.  I just want to kiss all over her.  Anca sent me some pictures of the little cutie that she took when she went to visit them today.   Isn't she just perfect?!


Congratulations to our besties!  We couldn't be happier or more proud of you.  You are going to make amazing parents to three kiddos!

After Church, the Nudd's came over for lunch.  Maria made the best soup.  It was a Potato Cheddar Soup, but was so unique because it had tomatoes and other veggies in it...hard to beat.  For dessert I made something that is now on my list of favorite things.  It's called a Pizookie.  I found a "cheat" recipe on one of the blogs I read.  It's really not a recipe at all.  You just use a bag of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, mixed with an egg and butter and bake it in a pie pan.  After letting it cool for about 15 minutes, you serve it with ice cream, whipped cream and I used chopped roasted almonds.  It was pretty perfect as far as desserts go.


In the afternoon, the kids played and we just chatted.  We started talking about our weddings and we decided to pull out the old wedding video.  I LOVE watching my wedding!  It makes me smile every time.  I can't get over how much younger we look.  We were really just kids and it was hard to miss just how in love we were.  It's amazing how much deeper I love him now.  Monroe thought it was pretty great that mommy was a "Princess".

While we are on the subject of love, I forgot to mention the love dare for this week!  The dare is to make some alone time with God through prayer and scripture reading every day.  It mentioned how much better your relationship with your spouse will be if your relationship with God is growing and flourishing.  I have definitely found this to be true in my life.  I have to admit, it's a bit of a challenge to find any alone time to spend with God with kids, but I'm so glad and thankful when I do.

Okay, back to the weekend...Last night, we rented the movie Ides of March.  It ended kind of abruptly, but it was good.  It's hard not to like a movie with both Ryan Gosling and George Clooney.  Mark made his famous nachos and his Dad's awesome Salsa recipe.   We also had Shirley Temples.  I just love those!

Today was pretty low key.  We gave Monroe a much needed haircut.  We didn't do anything crazy, just shaped her up a bit.  I forgot to get pictures, but she seems pretty pleased with it.  She kept prancing around saying, "Pretty hair!"

I also ran to the gym and worked out.  Lots of laundry and cleaning later, and that brings us to now.   No big plans for the week, but I'm sure they will come.  Hope everyone had wonderful weekends.  I better sign off!

No comments: