Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Shredded

My whole body hurts right now.  I think I may need a full body cast.  The combination of 30 Day Shred and Zumba last night did me in big time.  Although I may never walk again, part of me is a tiny bit excited.   Hopefully, it will all be worth it.  No pain, no gain, right?  However,  I don't know how I will be able to do the Shred today.  I can hardly lift my hands above my head.  (You are my heroes, Tasha and Hanne! How do you do it?!)

I can't wait until this little Kiki girl is sleeping through the night again. It's pretty excruciating to get up a couple times each night to feed her.  If she wasn't so adorable things would be much harder, but when she smiles up at me with those big blues, my heart just melts.  I've been meaning to get some opinions on something.  Kiki has started sleeping on her stomach.  I know that everything you read tells you to not put them on their stomach, and I don't.  She flips there as soon as I lay her down.  Is it okay if they can roll themselves over?  It's pretty cute to see.  She also tucks her knees up so her little bottom is in the air.  I can't get enough of that kid.

Everything above was written at 3:30 in the morning.

I really shouldn't be allowed to write anything for people to read at that time.  I'm always pretty out of it, but what's a girl to do to pass the time during those early morning feedings?  What I don't understand are people who are up at that time because they want to be.  I check facebook at the wee hours of the morning and I'm astonished by how many people are posting updates at that time.  I guess I used to be more of a night owl, but those were definitely the days of the past.  I'm not much of a morning person either.  Catch me mid-afternoon and I'm all good.

Today, we went over to Jackie's for some coffee and a little recipe exchange.  I'm so happy to have some new fresh ideas for dinners, especially ones that have been kid tested, mother approved.  (I could totally go for some Kix right now.)  I'm really trying to experiment with new lunch ideas for Rosie.  Right now she's loving pita chips, humus and blackberries, but I know I can't give that to her every day.  My friend Nicole was a whiz at coming up with healthy/appealing meals for her kiddo.  I was always so impressed with her and copied tons of her ideas.  Now that I don't live close, I'm having to go it alone.  I guess I could get on Pinterest.  If you have any tried and true healthy kid lunch options, send them my way!  

Rosie has been so sweet lately.  This morning she came into our room singing "Jesus loves Me" remixed with "Zacchaeus Was a Wee Little Man".  Then she stopped and started praying for no reason.  What a great wake-up call!  Her prayers have started going on and on and on.  She prays for each of her friends (usually two or three times) and each member of our family.  There's really nothing sweeter than a little kiddo praying.  She also has started carrying her Bible all around the house.  She calls it her "Baby Jesus" Bible.  Her new favorite song is "The B-I-B-L-E" or in her case, "The B-L-E."  She adores anything Jesus and it just makes me so happy inside.  I pray that she never looses that!    

Tomorrow night is book club.  I really enjoyed the book, so I can't wait to see what everyone else thought.  I'm also getting excited just to go to it.  I've never been to one before and it sounds like a lot of fun.

It's almost 9:30 pm and I still haven't done the Shred.  I'm so dreading it, but I know I HAVE to do it or I'm not going to get the results that I want/need.  Mark just got home from working out and is trying to motivate me to do it.  I have convinced him to do it with me, so we better get started.  Goodnight!  

2 comments:

Hanne Noel said...

i'd let her flip! probably cause more potential hazards by trying to bumper them from turning with blankets and the like. and ditch any bumper pads if you have em. this is when they roll and wedge themselves weird places. those bumper pads can cause suffocation.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/18/health/no-bumpers-cribs-sids-parenting/index.html

that article probably has way more than you want to read in it, but you get the point. ditch the pads. :)

Michelle said...

Once they are able to roll over it is ok. She should be just fine! Also, I was thinking the other day how beautiful Kiki's head is shaped! I'm working with some babies right now with crazy heads! Count the blessings! :) Love you sis! Let's talk soon!