Sunday, January 22, 2012

Excuse Me, Please, Thank you

Even though I haven't felt too hot today, it has been a great day.  I woke up feeling pretty crumby, but after a little nap and some more Emergen C, I felt well enough to go to Asheville for a little girls' lunch/shopping trip.  It's always hard to eat out anywhere with kids.  I always find myself scarfing down my food (even faster than my normal quick pace) in case of some sort of an episode.  Today was such a treat.  We were able to enjoy our food and not rush a bit.

After eating we ran to the mall for some light:) shopping.  I ended up finding some little sweaters for the girls at Children's Place.  They aren't the cutest things in the world, but they were only $2.99.  You know me, I can't pass up a good deal.  After the mall, we went to The Antique Tobacco Barn.  It has the best antiques in Western North Carolina.  It didn't disappoint.  There were so many things I wanted!

Matching Sweaters for the girls 

By the time I got home, poor Kiki was starved.  I fed her and we both went down for naps and Mark took Rosie to the gym to play basketball.  She loves playing with her daddy.

We are really working hard with Rosie on her manners.  She's pretty good at remembering to say "thank you", but "please" and "excuse me" are things she forgets a lot, although we are starting to see improvement.  Today she tooted and said, "Excuse me. I tooted, please."  It may not totally make sense, but at least she's trying!

Oh, I did forget to mention one thing I got today.


Yes, it's just an old frame, but I've got big plans for it.  Our next craft night is going to involve turning old frames into awesome chalk boards for our kitchens.  I can't wait!  At $3.50, I really couldn't pass it up.  I haven't decided what color to paint it yet.  Maybe a distressed cream or red.

Here are a few pictures from Kiki's first taste of solid food...

 Not completely sure about it...
 Funny Face



I've gotten quite a few emails, comments and texts about the Vitamix.  I guess it's the way to go.  I will start saving my money.  Ashley texted me earlier and said that Costco sometimes has them on sale.  We don't have a Costco super close, but if you live by one and they go on sale, please let me know people!  

Well, I better go.  I'm feeling pretty yucky.  I just took some Tylenol and I'm going to have another glass of my favorite drink of the moment...


If you don't use this stuff, you really should.  We swear by it at the Murrill house!

No comments: