Monday, January 2, 2012

Farewell Christmas

So, Christmas left our home today.  It's always sad to me when I take down all of the Christmas decor.  I just love the warm and cozy feeling I get when it's up.  Christmas may be gone but I know I will be finding fake snow all around the house for months.  Yes, I decorate with fake snow.  Please don't judge me.  I feel like this season allows for my inner kitschy to come right on out and I definitely embrace it.

As I was leaving for Zumba tonight, you will never guess what I was greeted with...SNOW!!!  There is something about snow that really brings out the kid in people.  The kid, as in people no longer know how to drive.  They go completely nuts.  I was so scared on my way home.  People were sliding all over the place.  Hopefully the roads clear up soon.  I am sure loving the snow, though.  It's so fun.  I am excited for Rosie to see it in the morning!

The Baughmans left this morning and we were so sad to see them go.  We had so much fun with them.  I know I've mentioned before that Kaylee is pregnant.  I love pregnant Kaylee.  We ate ice cream and watched a marathon of Half Ton Mom/Half Ton Dad (a show about morbidly obese people).   Yes, I know it's pretty ironic.  It made me so excited to get to meet their sweet little lady that should be arriving any day now.  They sure make beautiful babies those Baughmans and there's no doubt that Lila will be no different.

After they left, I spent the day cleaning, putting away Christmas (as I mentioned before) and reading my book.  That book was so good that I absolutely couldn't put it down.  Have you every read that kind of book?  The kind where you get so wrapped up in the characters that you really don't want it to end.  This was definitely that kind.  The author is really talented. I just loved her style of writing.

I wanted to leave you with some pictures from Kiki's dedication.  (I promise to give a more complete update of our trip soon.)  It was so special because my brother Stephen was able to do it and all of my side of the family was there.  It wasn't quite complete because Mark's side of the family couldn't be there, but they were watching via the internet, so that was sweet.  By the way, Grandma Murrill is on the mend.  She's still in a lot of pain, but she is home and doing much better.  Still keep her in your prayers.  We had such a nice time being with her after Christmas.



No comments: