Sunday, January 15, 2012

Random Thoughts on a Sunday

So, fyi...writing a book is hard.  We have decided to do a nice trifold brochure instead...just kidding.  It really is pretty tough, though, and we've only been working on it a day.  We worked on the outline Friday night and ended up talking until the wee hours of the morning and I have to say, it was tremendously therapeutic.  I never thought I could love Mark more, but somehow I do.  I already feel like this book is bringing us closer and even if we only end up writing it for ourselves, it will definitely be worth the effort.

Our weekend has been really nice.  On Saturday we went to Church.  Monroe has really started belting it out during the songs at Sabbath School.  It's so cute.  I just love to hear that kid sing.  After lunch, we all had great naps and then watched my little brother, Stephen's ordination online.  I would have given anything to be there, but thank goodness for modern technology!  We are so proud of him and wish him the very best in his ministry!  

I stole this picture from FB and it's not very good quality, but it was taken at his ordination.  
Stephen and Michelle are the couple in the middle.

On Saturday evening we went over to our friends the Guyton's to watch the Bronco game.  I ended up eating WAY too much but it was all so great, I just couldn't pass it up.  Jackie had made nachos and a fresh blueberry pie.  We also had root beer floats.  It was so good, although I really regretted it when I woke up this morning.  The Guyton's are big Bronco's fans, so they were pretty bummed with how the game went.  I was sad for my new friend, Tim Tebow, but I wasn't too torn up over the loss.  I was pretty torn up over the fact that Miss Oklahoma didn't win the Miss America Pageant (we watched it during commercials).  She did win 1st runner up though, so there's something to be said for that.

I have to say that I didn't give Monroe enough credit.  Last week we decided to limit her binkie to naps and bedtime.  It was getting hard to understand anything she said because she always had that thing in her little mouth.  I was preparing myself for the worst.  I pictured horribly loud tantrums and a rotten week for all of us.  But she went and totally surprised us and has been just fine with the idea.  As soon as she comes into our bedroom in the morning, she says, "Here, Mommy!" and hands it to me.  She's had no problems and I am just so relieved.  Thank you for all of the tips!  I have appreciated each and every one.  I don't think that totally giving it up will be as overwhelming as I once thought!  Yay:)

I got something today that I have been really lusting after...


Yes, it's a steam mop and I couldn't be happier.  I spend hours cleaning my floor every week and I think this baby is really going to cut down on my work.  I love that it sanitizes the floor.  I already tried it tonight and I'm very pleased.

Mark found a new place to play basketball and tonight, Alan and him went to check it out.  I put the girls to bed and I am watching one of my very favorite movies, "Overboard".  I just love it.  I don't care how many times I've seen it, the last line of that movie makes me tear up every time.  So sweet!!!

I know I've said it before, but I love pretty much everything about North Carolina.  There is one thing, however, that could be A LOT better and that is the shopping.  The mall is about 30 minutes away and it's not good at all.  We decided to go anyway on Thursday and spent the afternoon there.  It was fun to look around and Monroe loved getting a cookie as a little treat.  There was a store going out of business and everything inside was 70% off of already reduced prices.  I found this painting for $8!  It reminded me of my two little ladies, so I had to get it.  


Look what came in the mail yesterday...


I'm excited to get started.  The cover makes a pretty big claim of losing up to 20 lbs in 30 days!  Isn't that crazy?!  I'll let you know how I like it.  Tomorrow's the big day:)

I'm sorry this post is so random.  I'll all over the board tonight!  Hope all is well with you and you all have a great start to your week! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so totally jealous that you have a steam mop!! i'm trying to convince randy that it would be such a great investment! he doesn't see why i can't just buy a $10 regular mop. i think, I'M the one who mops so I think i get to decide. ha! also i am very interested to see how you like the Shred cus i've had my eye on it for awhile now. yay for new stuff! and wait, i didn't know you were writing a book!?? i guess i haven't been following you as closely as i thought... hee hee. :)

MAA California Dreamin' senior trip 2011 said...

I love your random and not so random blogs. Just keep 'em coming. Hope you post more on how you are liking the mop after a few weeks of use. We have a lot of hardwood between the two houses. Need a quicker fix. Grandma references your blogs at least a dozen times a day. : )