Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days? We will see.

So, apparently November is National Blog Posting Month.  Who knew?!  The challenge is to blog all 30 days.  Now if you had asked me to do that last November I would have said, "No problem, give me something hard to do."  But now, I seriously don't know if it's possible.  It's hard to get everything done in the day, let alone blog about it!  But, I am going to try anyway.  Will you join me?

Today was a good day.  I got a lot accomplished.  I did tons of laundry, sorted Kiki's clothes, did some crafting for a friend, cleaned the house, went to Walmart and went on a walk.  I will just try and overlook that there were about 10 other things on my list of things to do:)  Oh, well.

I am really trying to focus on getting in shape.  I have gained quite a bit of weight lately.  I don't want to make excuses, but a lot of it came during the moving/hotel stint.  I am not to happy with myself and can't wait to get it off.  Maria and I have a goal of 10 lbs in a month.  I don't know if I can do it, but I'm sure going to try.  We joined our local gym and I have started going twice a week.  On my off days I plan on doing some things around here.  I am ready to get in shape and feel good.  I will try and keep you updated. You can follow my friend Hanne's journey as she has a weight loss goal of her own. 


I wanted to share some projects that I am working on...

#1-- Frame Project

So these are some stamps that I have had framed and hanging in my bedrooms since before I got married.  They are stamps from Romania, where I went in high school.  I saved the stamps from letters that some of the people from Romania wrote me after I got back to the States.  My trip there was pretty life changing, so these are very special to me and I really want them in my bedroom now.  The only problem is, my room is no longer red!  I have looked everywhere for some grey/yellow scrapbook paper, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.  I will show you the finished product in the next few days.



#2  Kitchen Cupboards Spice-up

The area above the cabinets in my kitchen was looking pretty lonely and needed something to spice it up, so I decided to try something I did in my house in Tulsa.  It involves soaking a grapevine wreath in the bathtub overnight and taking it apart.  Tune in tomorrow for the final product.


#3- Cabinet Redo

So you probably can tell that I love Mod Podge!  I really do.  It's fun and makes it so easy to transform something.  Well, that brings me to the cabinet below.  It is very old and very beat up.  It is in Kiki's room and definitely needs some life breathed into it.  You can see in the second picture how pitiful it is.  I've decided to spruce it up with a little scrapbook paper and mod podge.  I'm going to cover the top and the shelves with it.  I'll show you pictures soon.




So that's what I'm working on.  Do you have any projects that you've got going?

I better run.  I have a few little exercises that I need to do before I go to bed.  Love to you all!

No comments: