Monday, November 21, 2011

No Monday Morning Blues Here!

I knew right away that today was going to be a good day.  I turned on the Today show and who was having a concert but my favorite band in the whole wide world, Rascal Flatts.   Then they went and sang my favorite song.

After that my day has pretty much flown by.  I've been working on getting the house ready for our company coming tomorrow.  I had a lovely chat with one of my besties, Kaylee.  I also pumped for the first time in two months.

Have I ever mentioned how much I despise pumping with a passion?  Well, I do.  That's what I did to feed Monroe for a full year, 6 times a day.  I never wanted to see that pump again, but the benefits to having a few bottles around, just in case, won out.  We have some holiday parties that we need to attend and I'm not so sure that a nursing baby is the cutest of holiday accessories.

Mid-morning I dropped Monroe at a friend's house and headed to the grocery store for the mother of all shopping trips.  I've mentioned before that I'm nervous about hosting Thanksgiving.  I've hosted before, but I've always had one of my moms there to be kind of the "ringleader" or rather the "ringcooker".  I've wisely delegated a few items to everyone to cut down on some of the stress.  Hopefully, it all works out.

I rocked it out at Zumba tonight.  Actually, I didn't rock it out....I fumbled along at Zumba tonight.  I get going and totally feel like I'm doing awesome and then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I think, "Who's that uncoordinated, disabled person wearing the same outfit as me!"  Then I realize that person is me.  I feel like this picture pretty much sums it up.


It was still fun and I can't wait until next week.  Sadly, Wednesday night's class is canceled.  

Well, I better run.  Hope everyone is doing well!  

No comments: