Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hair today, Gone tomorrow

As you all know, we are extremely wealthy, so it should come as no surprise to you that Mark has found us another property to buy.  Okay, so I'm totally kidding.   At least about the first part...we aren't wealthy, but Mark has found three acres that he loves.  He has a dream of living there when we retire and he thinks we should go ahead and buy this land now.  Yes, now.  It's really close to a lake, is on rolling hills and is beautiful.

I have to admit, I'm not completely sold on this idea.  Those that know me know that I am extremely conscientious when it comes to money.  I have been known to walk around a store with a cart full of items and end up leaving with nothing.  I always talk myself out of things.  I'm also a HUGE bargain shopper.  I got this from my mother who always buys on sale and has such a knack for finding the cutest things at a fraction of the price.  So, the idea of buying a house, a van, and a piece of retirement property in two months just doesn't set right with me.  I'm going to need some MAJOR convincing.  

Kiki is really something.  She is rolling over from her front to her back and is seriously close to going the other way.  She laughs and smiles and coos.  She seems to just love life and we all just love her.  We frequently find Monroe kissing and hugging all over her and has now started saying, "This is MY sister!"  She's very proud.

I was talking to my mom today about how much I love having a second child.  It was pretty scary and overwhelming at first and I'm not going to say it won't continue to be hard at times, but it's so amazing.  The first time around I was so scared, unsure, and worried about everything.  I never knew if I was doing things wrong and as much as I adored being a mom, I didn't feel confident at all.  This time around, I feel so much better about things and really feel like I enjoy every moment with Keek's.  It really is phenomenal.

In hair news, I have found a new hair product that I really love.  It's called Uplifting Foam by Aquage.  I have noticed a real difference in the volume of my hair and that makes me very, very happy.  I would definitely recommend it!


On the subject of hair, I'm losing mine.  This past week I have started noticing that all kinds of hair is falling out in the shower!  I've never had an issue with this before and it's kind of freaking me out.  I've been told that this can happen after pregnancy.  Have any of you experienced this?  Hopefully, it will stop very soon.

I would love to say that I will hit my ten pounds in a month goal, but sadly I will not.  I am very excited that I have found an exercise regime that I enjoy, though.  I'm so pumped to do Zumba again tomorrow.  It really is a blast.  I'm also going to start watching what I eat again (not counting Thanksgiving).  I really want to hit it hard.  I did go to the gym today, so hopefully I will keep it up.

People weren't kidding when they said it gets harder and harder to keep weight off the older you get.  Getting old is just tough in general.  I've recently really started noticing my wrinkles, my age spots and my occasional gray hairs.  I guess you have to focus on all of the great parts of getting older.  I have a deeper understanding of love after having kids and weathering storms with my wonderful husband.  I have gained wisdom from wrong turns and decisions I have made.  I feel like I know who I am, although it took years to figure out.  Oh, and my face has finally cleared up...so worth it;)

3 comments:

Hanne Noel said...

my hair is only now starting to fill out again. my stylist suggested i take prenatals. i have also read that being overweight can cause a hormonal imbalance that can cause hair loss as well, so for me, i am trying to attack all of those things. my hair fell out like crazy town after i had claire. good luck miss! at least you are starting out with a thick mane! mine has always been thin. can't afford to loose much. i'll be investing in wigs!

KATE said...

Lost a ton of hair after having Mara, enders why I cut mine. Long hairs wrapping around your toes, not cool! I also love Aquage, although don't time for it lately.

KATE said...

Obviously I should not type on my phone after midnight.