Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kiki Goes to the Doctor

We just got back a bit ago from McKinley's doctor's appointment.  It went so well.  She was just a perfect little smiley baby and even did pretty well during her shots.  In fact, Rosie did worse and she only had the Flu mist!  She's sort of a pansy, but I love her. :)

Kiki weighed in at 11 lbs 9 oz.  and is 23 inches long!  The doctor said she would have had no idea that she was preterm.  In fact she said she could easily be mistaken for at least a four month old in her development!  She actually said, "Are you sure she just turned three months?!" I was sure.  This was such a relief to me. It's so good to know that she's as healthy as she is happy.

I really love their new doctor.  She is very down to earth and very knowledgeable.  She made us feel right at home from the start.  I also LOVED the nurse.  She adores kids and you can tell.  She even kissed Kiki when she was weighing her.  I've never seen that done, but I didn't mind because she was just so sweet.  Kiki really loved her, too.

Rosie and I are working on a Thanksgiving craft today.  We have been tracing her hands and feet, and she even got to do some more painting.    Her favorite was using the scissors, though.  I have some little kiddo scissors from when I taught and I let her try her hand at them.  It didn't go too smoothly, but she still had fun trying.  That's a skill we will keep working on.  I'll post our finished result later, but her painting is drying right now, so we can't finish it yet.

Well, I better tend to my ladies.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad Keeks is doing so well! We are certainly excited to see all of you!