Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mama's Girl

I'm afraid I might have a mama's girl on my hands.  Tonight was Zumba and for the second night this week, Kiki cried most of the time I was gone.  I made sure she was VERY fed before I left, and even left a bottle for Mark, but she wasn't having it.  When I walked in the door, she stopped crying and just started smiling and laughing.  This is horrible!  I feel like I can't go anywhere.  The worst part is that Mark's cousin is watching the girls tomorrow night because Mark has a work Christmas party for us to go to.  What if she cries the whole time!!!  This could really be horrible.

This was never a problem with Monroe because she went to daycare at 3 months.  She didn't mind other people at all.  Poor Keeks sees pretty much Monroe and I all day long.  I'm praying that she's good tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

I'm so excited because the girls' Christmas dresses came today.  They are so cute.  I can't wait to see them in them!  We got them from Crazy8.  I sure do miss having one of those close.  They have the cutest clothes!

 The front
The Back

The girls don't have a ton of things alike yet.  It's kind of hard to find them alike when Kiki's so small.  It will be fun as they get older.  I'm sure they are going to hate it, but I think it's just so cute.  I remember when Laura Ashley used to make Mother/Daughter dresses.  I'll have to look into that...just kidding.  I promise to NEVER take it to that level.

All day today I have been craving cornbread.  Not just any cornbread.  It's cornbread that I haven't had in like 20 years, literally.  It was from a place called Tippins.  Do any of you remember that place?  They were known for their pies, but I particularly loved their cornbread because it was almost like cake.  It was perfectly sweet.  I found a recipe online that seems similar, so I'm going to try it out very soon...probably on Friday.  I think I'm going to make some of my friend Kelsey's chili to go
along with it.  I've never made her chili before, but it is so good.  Thanks for sharing, Kels!

Here is the cornbread recipe I will be trying out.  I can't vouch for it yet, but how can you go wrong when you add cake mix to anything?  I don't think you can.

Tippin's Cornbread

1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 (9 ounce) box Jiffy golden yellow cake mix
2 eggs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cold water

Directions: Combine both mixes together. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until smooth. Bake at 400 degrees in a greased pan for 15 to 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

I've never been so excited for a month to end.  I'm not going to lie, NABLOPOMO (National Blog Post Month) has completely worn me out.  It's really hard blogging every day--rain or shine, sleep or no sleep-- but guilt kept me writing!  It's amazing what guilt can make me do.  

It's kind of the same with Zumba.  Normally I am horrible at doing exercise videos and stuff like that.  When things start to get hard/intense, I give up.  In Zumba, however, I keep pushing myself because I'm with a big group of people.  I don't want to be the person who throws in the towel.  I wish I knew about this years ago!  I would be in much better shape.  I guess this is one of the times that peer pressure is a good thing.      

Well, I should probably shower.  My husband chose to sit on the other couch and I'm starting to wonder if it's because I stink.  Goodnight, friends!  





No comments: