Monday, November 14, 2011

Zumba Pansy

So all day I have been gearing myself up to go to my very first Zumba class at my gym and all day I have been finding myself getting less and less confident.  So unconfident that I started having horrible visions of what would happen while I was there.  I saw myself in a room with shapely young dancers and I, the one frumpy almost thirty-one year old trying to keep up.  I could see them all snickering and laughing at me.  It was terrifying and that is why I did not go to my first Zumba class tonight.   Maybe next time.  Maybe.

I am so exhausted tonight.  I was busy all day cleaning/organizing/etc.  I did muster up enough energy tonight to do a little project that has been on my list for quite some time.

I purchased this wooden "M" awhile back from Michael's, fully intending on making it more interesting. But true to form, I never got around to it and it hung very boringly in our wall collage of pictures.  Tonight, I looked up at the pictures and I noticed the plain old white "M" and realized something really needed to be done.

It's a super easy project to do.  All you need is:


Wooden letter of your choice
Scrapbook paper of your choice
Mod Podge
Scissors
Pencil (not pictured)

 Trace the letter onto the back of the scrapbook paper.

 Cut out your traced letter.  Add a layer of ModPodge to the wooden letter and carefully place your cut out piece of paper onto it.  Add a layer of ModPodge to the top and let it dry!  

 
 All done!  Not the greatest picture.

Something I also wanted to share about is this stuff...Carbona Ceramic Cook Top Cleaner


If you have a ceramic cook top, this stuff is a must have.  I thought I was going to have to live forever with the burnt areas on our ceramic cook top.  It drove me nuts, until a friend mentioned using a ceramic cleaner.  I got some tonight and tried it for the first time.  It's a miracle worker!  I would definitely recommend it.

Have a great night!  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

nicole said...

I am so proud of you and your November blogging efforts! I don't blame you for being a Zumba pansy...I'm not sure I could make myself do it either. Good luck next time:)

Love the "M"! You're an inspiration!