Friday, November 4, 2011

Have my cake and eat it, too!

Mark and I have been cooking up a storm tonight in preparation for lunch tomorrow.  We made Danielle M.'s amazing white lasagna (miss you Danielle!!!) and I am just finishing up my Mom's yummy:) Mandarin Orange Cake!  I thought we would have a little cake for Mark's b-day since we didn't really get to celebrate on Monday.  This cake is the cake of all cakes in my book.  My mom used to make it for our birthdays and I would get more excited about that cake than my presents.  There is a home video out there somewhere of me licking the mixer attachments with the frosting on it for like 5 minutes before I even realize I'm being video taped.  Very embarrassing.  What's really embarrassing is that most of the home movies of me as a kid are of me eating.  Everyone else will be playing or swimming and I'll be at the kitchen table eating lasagna and corn.  Don't ask me why.  I guess I have always enjoyed a good meal.



So, yeah, I'm also going to try this recipe tomorrow.  It's supposed to be the most amazing broccoli of your life.  I'll let you know.  The Nudd's are going to join us and it should be a great time.

Today was a fun day.  The girls and I went to The Mountain Play Lodge in Asheville with Maria and her kiddos.  They had a great time and so did we.  I totally forgot my camera or I would share some pics.  We then headed to Panera for lunch.   I LOVE Panera and it really hit the spot.

We have been ringing in Christmas over here at my house this evening.  Mark brought home my biggest downfall...mint m&m's.  I guess it's good that they are only available a few months of the year.  He also brought home one of my favorite creamers--Peppermint Mocha.  Then he turned on Christmas music!  It made the house feel all warm and homey and it made me so excited for the holidays.  I don't want to overlook Thanksgiving, especially since my birthday falls on it this year, but I'm okay with starting a little early.

I promised pictures from my grapevine wreath cabinet project today.  I am a little embarrassed because what I'm about to show you isn't really anything special, but I think it makes them look a little more fun.  I ended up putting my soup tureen collection up there, as well.  I'm not completely happy with it yet, but it will work for now.

A far away picture
 Left Side
Right Side

Well, I better head to bed.  Morning will come way too soon! I'll leave you with a few pics of my girly girls! 

My Keekster!  I love this little face:)

When I went to work out this week, Monroe told Mark that she wanted to go to "work" like daddy.  She put on his coat and dragged him outside to the car where she proceeded to climb in the front seat.  This kid is something else! 

No comments: